Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Bought a new roll of gas tape, found that there 100mm gaps which were unmarked, so rang rothenberger, explained the situation, sent picture, waited for reply, told them I didn't want a roll of yellow tape, I wanted gas id tape.
got a reply, confirming yes this is wrong and a definite misprint.
thats it, no, we will send you a replacement, send you a pen, nothing, absolutely nothing.
IMG_2485.jpg
That's the last time I ever buy anything Rothenberger

Take it back to wherever you bought it, to get a replacement and let them know what Rothenberger said.
Some people on the phone just shouldn't be representing companies, as they have no manners or basic common sense

It's actually 1/2 a roll of gas tape and 1/2 a roll of yellow tape

Used to be really good gear a few years ago. Overpriced shiite now

I have Rothenberger Surefire 2 for many years and one brand new spare. Also an excellent adjustable Rothenberger pipe cutter. I know they don't actually manufacture their products, but some are good.
Is it just the time of month for some folk? :grin:

I have Rothenberger Surefire 2 for many years and one brand new spare. Also an excellent adjustable Rothenberger pipe cutter. I know they don't actually manufacture their products, but some are good.
Is it just the time of month for some folk? :grin:

I bought a 15 mm pipe slice from bumcenter last year got some tube out of van sliced in front of counter staff and it spiralled straight out of pack just to prove a point.
Biggest junk on the market

I bought a 15 mm pipe slice from bumcenter last year got some tube out of van sliced in front of counter staff and it spiralled straight out of pack just to prove a point.
Biggest junk on the market

Yes, I see others said the same. I have Kopex and Monument pipe slices and are perfect, but I take them apart and clean and oil them if they ever give trouble. I think Rothenbergers slices are same as Kopex now?

I've just bought the 22mm nerrad, cracking bit of kit, even feels quality

I love that this has really pushed you over the edge! It's the sort of minor thing that angers me on a daily basis! Push for that pen stani!!

I may actually write again to rothenberger suggesting they sell only the yellow tape along with a black marker, the tape can then be marketed as multi-purpose marker tape. I will of course acknowledge the help of the forum and any financial respect will be left in the arms for drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I was getting intermittent heating with occasional flame error code on my ICOS HE12. British gas engineer came out when the system was working and...
Replies
Views
I am new gas safe and met hard situation when I did gas safety check on large property with 3 acre site. The property is old and large size, installed two 30KW heat only gas boiler to supply CH and DHW, range cooker and gas hob. I was be told the meter is installed at the entrance of the...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock