Search the forum,

Discuss Rumbling/Clunking noise coming from Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

First off, I'm unsure whether I've posted this in the correct forum but it seemed the most relevant from the list shown.

I seem to be getting a rumbling/clunking noise coming from our combi boiler when we run hot water in the bathroom. As it is making this noise, the needle on the pressure gauge is jumping around. The boiler is downstairs in our kitchen, and when I run hot water in the kitchen sink it sounds normal and fine.

Is this what is known as kettling?

Cheers,
Ali

This often happens when there is a partial blockage in the plate heat exchanger or a pump issue you need a GSRI to diagnose the fault and carry out repairs or replacement. Regards kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rumbling/Clunking noise coming from Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Noise seems to stop when softener is bypassed, not 100% certain. Noise is intermittent, a thwack/thump we can feel in the inlet pipe. It's only for a few hours a day, and never when water is running. Harvey's water softener is 4 years old and water is from mains, not a tank. Salt is not blocked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock