Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Sabre boiler in kitchen cupboard in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Pompeymike79

Pompeymike79 New Member

Hi
    I'm about to refit our kitchen, but have a pretty ugly Sabre 29 HE boiler in one corner. Am I able to build this into a kitchen cabinet?

The installation guidance gives a minimum clearance at the front of 600mm, but does this include a kitchen cabinet door?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No it doesn't the given sizes are clear sizes so after them your fine

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you are fitting a new kitchen do you have the budget to change the boiler at the same time?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pompeymike79

Pompeymike79 New Member

Hi, sorry I'm probably being dumb, but I don't think I understand. Is it ok to put it in a kitchen cabinet?

5. Pompeymike79

Pompeymike79 New Member

Possibly, but the boiler still works fine, so looking at saving a bit

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes fine just make sure it can be removed when you decide to change the boiler

7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Harvest makes a good point , the last thing you want is to be changing the boiler after the kitchen is fitted , yes ok its fine now and hopefully will be for a few years to come , have you any idea how old it is , if its under 5 forget it , if its approaching 10 , I would seriously consider it . My opinion of course .

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As Town says above. Just something to consider. But if it was me I would change it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

I agree i would seriously consider changing it you will achieve a better finish on your new kitchen as a modern boiler is alot smaller . cheers kop