Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander pushfit antivibration hose question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrZepster

Hi

Our RSP-75 Salamander shower pump sprang a leak from the cold side end cap 3 months after installation and their technical support said it was because it was feeding both the bathtaps and the shower whereas they should only be used for shower(s). They recommended the RHP-75 as a whole house version and against my better judgement I've purchased one since it should be a direct swap with no pipework required.

So the question is are the pushfit anti-vibration hoses just a push on/pull off or do they require some sort of twist & locking action? It's tempting to simply unscrew them at the pump end from the old pump and then screw them onto the new pump but the instructions state in big bold red lettering that it is critical that any air is expelled from the inlet pipework and pump chambers using natural flow and directing the outlets into a separate container rather than through the outlet pipework directly. So I need to at least remove the outlets from the pipework but I don't want to damage them.

Any advice is well appreciated as this is the job for today and the memsahib wants a shower!

Many thanks

Ross

Ater isolation itsjs ust a matter of pushing the red outer ring up and a gentle pull once the new one is fitted just run the shower and taps with the power switched off this will vent the pump, power on then your good to go . cheers kop

Fantastic, thanks for that, you can tell from the time of my original post that I was literally losing sleep over this job, a house with a wife and 3 girls and no shower is not a happy place in the morning!

So I just need to pull up that little collar and it should pull right off? Great, now you say that it seems obvious but the new pipes have a black collar to make it less obvious!

I did wonder about venting through the shower and bath taps but the commissioning instructions are so vehement about emptying into a bucket first I didn't want to risk it. However, if I can vent it this way I could just unscrew the existing pipes, which were only installed by a fitter 3 months ago (who didn't point out that it was the wrong type though).

Many, many thanks!

Ross

Well I left the inlet and outlet hoses attached to the pipes, isolated everything, careful drained down the old pump, replace it with the new one, and ran the hot and cold through the two showers and bath taps with natural flow 3 times, hopefully purging all the air, although with all 3 open one shower was particularly lack lustre (and hence I guess the need for a pump) and then turned on the power.

So far we've had 3 showers and no leaks!

Cheers

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander pushfit antivibration hose question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace two of the flexible hoses that feed the shower mixer valve. I don't like how they have been bent at a right angle. All the fitting in our bathroom are these pushfit fittings. I don't know the brand. Fortunately, I have removed some sections of pipework in the bathroom and kept...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve and Y strainer to old cylinder, reduce to 15 mm and to pump flexi and reconnect existing hot distributing pipe. Repair shelf in AC and fit twin...
Replies
Views
Professional Salamander Pumps at the Best Prices. Now Available from CORGI direct - https://corgi-direct.com/salamander-pumps-18248-0000 Selecting the Right Shower Pump If you suffer from poor water pressure in your home a shower pump can often be the perfect solution to boosting water...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Found some great answers here but first time posting, go easy on me please šŸ˜‹. Looking to fit a salamander rp50tu shower pump to a gravity system. It's a 'universal' (negative head compatible) pump which will be going in the loft (2 story house) just below the bottom level of the cold water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock