Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander Twin Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone give feedback in these? The CT force twin ... Are salamander a quality brand like Stuart Turner?

Their 3 bar twin with brass inlet/outlet manifolds is nearly half the price of the Stuart turner equivalent.

Every salamander I have fitted has leaked, so I stopped fitting them about 3-4 years ago. Not had an issue with a Stuart Turner one that I am aware of.

Every salamander I have fitted has leaked, so I stopped fitting them about 3-4 years ago. Not had an issue with a Stuart Turner one that I am aware of.
I will take your advice then and go with ST, cheers mfgs

I have had no bother with Salamander pumps that I fitted in the past, but I installed them to MIs as best as possible.
I have had to repair a few that leaked that others installed though, and had to replace some.
The Stuart and Turner pumps are much better, fairly quiet and built to last.

I've quoted for Stuart turners - effing plumbcenter website gives dodgy prices unless you log in so my first quote was wayyyy over the top lol had to apologise and send a revised quote sharp!!!

I've quoted for Stuart turners - effing plumbcenter website gives dodgy prices unless you log in so my first quote was wayyyy over the top lol had to apologise and send a revised quote sharp!!!

Yes, the Plumbcentre website just gives retail prices if you are not logged in perhaps?
The cheaper, more plastic, Stuart and Turner pumps are sold by Screwfix and others and you can therefore get a rough costing from them if you were to do any jobs to be on a tight budget

Yes, the Plumbcentre website just gives retail prices if you are not logged in perhaps?
The cheaper, more plastic, Stuart and Turner pumps are sold by Screwfix and others and you can therefore get a rough costing from them if you were to do any jobs to be on a tight budget
Plumbcentre website quoted ÂŁ750 for a monsoon standard twin, screwfix ÂŁ350 for the same pump. I know some websites just do random prices to put competitors off unless you're logged in.

Plumbcentre website quoted ÂŁ750 for a monsoon standard twin, screwfix ÂŁ350 for the same pump. I know some websites just do random prices to put competitors off unless you're logged in.

think your still off i see ÂŁ489.99

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stuart-turner-monsoon-u-positive-negative-head-shower-pump-3-0bar/79703

so not too bad by the time you talk of flanges and tube

Last edited:
think your still off i see ÂŁ489.99

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stuart-turner-monsoon-u-positive-negative-head-shower-pump-3-0bar/79703
That's for a universal.. I just need a positive

That's for a universal.. I just need a positive

these days at nearly ÂŁ100 difference i just shove a universal one in (pos and neg) then your fine either way

I do when working for my firm, but this custard has just recently paid out for a new cwsc and cylinder and pump and pump has failed already so thought I'd try to keep costs down

I do when working for my firm, but this custard has just recently paid out for a new cwsc and cylinder and pump and pump has failed already so thought I'd try to keep costs down

pump should be under warranty then (if installed correctly)

why has it failed/ gone bang

pump should be under warranty then (if installed correctly)

why has it failed/ gone bang
They want a more powerful pump as the one in there is a 1.5bar showermate but the motor sounds buggered, I've heard quieter jet engines lol they can't get hold of the plumber who fitted it so can't use the warranty.

They want a more powerful pump as the one in there is a 1.5bar showermate but the motor sounds buggered, I've heard quieter jet engines lol they can't get hold of the plumber who fitted it so can't use the warranty.

Fair enough cwsc high in the loft / on a stand ?

Fair enough cwsc high in the loft / on a stand ?
They have two linked together, pipework from pump goes up through loft then back down into bathroom bar shower.. Pump and shower on same floor. Cswc is prob about 3/4 of a meter above the showerhead

They have two linked together, pipework from pump goes up through loft then back down into bathroom bar shower.. Pump and shower on same floor. Cswc is prob about 3/4 of a meter above the showerhead

If less than 600mm (60cm) neg is needed if more pos is needed

If less than 600mm (60cm) neg is needed if more pos is needed
I never knew that. I thought as long as the top of the showerhead at Max height was lower than the bottom of the cwsc than a positive was ok - pooh! I've quoted for pos pumps now :/

I never knew that. I thought as long as the top of the showerhead at Max height was lower than the bottom of the cwsc than a positive was ok - pooh! I've quoted for pos pumps now :/

Should be fine if it's close its just getting enough flow through to turn the pump on

https://goo.gl/images/DCjRL1

Last edited:
Should be fine if it's close its just getting enough flow through to turn the pump on
I didn't think this through properly.. If the pipework is going up through the loft its pretty close in height to the cwsc so I should have gone for an effing universal instead :mad: grrrr

I didn't think this through properly.. If the pipework is going up through the loft its pretty close in height to the cwsc so I should have gone for an effing universal instead :mad: grrrr

Makes you think / double check when a new pump has gone so soon maybe run dry ?

Makes you think / double check when a new pump has gone so soon maybe run dry ?
Yeah that's what I was thinking. May just have to take this one on the chin since I've already quoted and put it down to experience - crap!!!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. May just have to take this one on the chin since I've already quoted and put it down to experience - crap!!!

What's the install like ? Not all push fit rubbish ?

Nah its soldered.. All run in 22mm then reduced to 15 going into and out of the shower then back into 22

Least it's been run in 22mm :) flange on the cylinder etc ?

Yup, first thing I checked.. Gutted, I think I'll earn about ÂŁ20 on this job lol

:D and how long have you quoted (time wise) to change the pump ?

You should be fine normally about an hours swap :)
There's plenty space and lever valves on inlet pipework so I'm hoping 45 mins tops ;) least I can buy myself a pint to cry into [emoji14]

There's plenty space and lever valves on inlet pipework so I'm hoping 45 mins tops ;) least I can buy myself a pint to cry into [emoji14]

If there's valves be less than that as normally push fit flexible joints on them :D

If there's valves be less than that as normally push fit flexible joints on them :D
Yeah but if they go for the monsoon option I'll have to cut off the reducers and extend the 22 .. Unless I use a pushfit coupling (mwah haaaa) but I'll prob solder as there is no other pushfit in the cupboard lol

Yeah but if they go for the monsoon option I'll have to cut off the reducers and extend the 22 .. Unless I use a pushfit coupling (mwah haaaa) but I'll prob solder as there is no other pushfit in the cupboard lol

No you don't :) no short cuts for you mr :D

No you don't :) no short cuts for you mr :D
Mannnnnnn life's little lessons eh.. Tell you what, in 2 years time remind me of this convo and I'll cringe with embarrassment ;) you can't buy experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander Twin Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor. For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle. At the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
D
We have a Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 bar shower pump which has lately been either refusing to start, or not switching off when we turn off the shower. Tapping the side of the outlet pipe seems to unstick it more often than not, but it's a real nuisance. We have an oil-fired Aga, and the water does...
Replies
Views
Joandfran
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock