Search the forum,

Discuss Sanicompact not working correctly - flushing straight away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My sanicompact is not working correctly. As soon as you press the flush, it flushes immediately but only pumps away a tiny amount of water. With the sanicompact normally you press the flush and it takes 5 seconds to fill the pan before discharging but now its flushing it straight away. The motor sounds ok.

About 3 days ago my little girl decided to put some wet wipes down and jammed it up. I removed them and its ran fine since until today :(

Thanks

Pressure switch, test it by slowly pouring water down the pan. Is there a basin connected OR did you open up the other end where the electrics are and the parts in there got damp?

My money is on the pressure switch.

Pressure switch, test it by slowly pouring water down the pan. Is there a basin connected OR did you open up the other end where the electrics are and the parts in there got damp?

My money is on the pressure switch.

I opened the right bit - worked from the drawing.

If I pore water down slowly it does flush correctly and clears it.....its just from pressing the flush button its a bit odd. Any ideas?

I opened the right bit - worked from the drawing.

If I pore water down slowly it does flush correctly and clears it.....its just from pressing the flush button its a bit odd. Any ideas?

Has the flush button got 2 buttons that click (small & large flush) or just the one that is silent when pushed?

Also - If i turn the tap on the basin it seems to be firing correctly and clearing the water. I think its just when you flush it. I have tried to go into programming mode and increase the flush period and that didn't work.

Also - If i turn the tap on the basin it seems to be firing correctly and clearing the water. I think its just when you flush it. I have tried to go into programming mode and increase the flush period and that didn't work.

Ok so you the 2 clicking buttons then. Did the reprogramming increase the amount of water entering the pan?

Not reprogramming would point me towards the timer / pcb but if the cycle starts as soon as you hit the flush button then that sends me to the pressure switch.

Thinking I need to be there to see/listen myself tbh, what county do you live in?

I am in West Yorkshire.

It doesn't feel like it is entering programming mode to be honest. I hold down the grey button for 5 seconds, then press the button again to increase flush amount and it just fires off a normal flush which takes long then the 2 seconds it should run for.

Also looking the manual not sure if this could be it:

The cycle is triggered but no
water flows into the toilet bowl

• The stopcock is closed
• The solenoid valve (28) is faulty

Could it be the solenoid? Looks hard to reach!

I am in West Yorkshire.

It doesn't feel like it is entering programming mode to be honest. I hold down the grey button for 5 seconds, then press the button again to increase flush amount and it just fires off a normal flush which takes long then the 2 seconds it should run for.

• The stopcock is closed

Hi,

My sanicompact is not working correctly. As soon as you press the flush, it flushes immediately but only pumps away a tiny amount of water. With the sanicompact normally you press the flush and it takes 5 seconds to fill the pan before discharging but now its flushing it straight away.
Thanks

I am in West Yorkshire.

• The stopcock is closed

Could be that it was set on max flush when installed - Try reducing and see if that changes the amount of water being released.
Earlier you said it was activating immediately but not pumping all the water away ??? Normal cycle is "Hit the button", water enters (around 16 seconds) then pump starts (around 5 seconds) now you say It fires off a normal flush and runs for 2 seconds (not splitting hairs on the 2 or 5 seconds) it`s the time between flush and activation that doesn`t make sense.

The solenoid valve opens to put the water in to pan then closes, the pressure switches activate the pump when they sense water pressure plus (Big plus) it was ok after removing the wet wipes so why now.

Your local engineer is John Bates, 01274 608533, 07866 37225.
You could blag it by saying you brought it but didn`t install it straight away so it is still under warranty. Do not mention wet wipes or the fact you have done anything to it.

Could be that it was set on max flush when installed - Try reducing and see if that changes the amount of water being released.
Earlier you said it was activating immediately but not pumping all the water away ??? Normal cycle is "Hit the button", water enters (around 16 seconds) then pump starts (around 5 seconds) now you say It fires off a normal flush and runs for 2 seconds (not splitting hairs on the 2 or 5 seconds) it`s the time between flush and activation that doesn`t make sense.

The solenoid valve opens to put the water in to pan then closes, the pressure switches activate the pump when they sense water pressure plus (Big plus) it was ok after removing the wet wipes so why now.

Your local engineer is John Bates, 01274 608533, 07866 37225.
You could blag it by saying you brought it but didn`t install it straight away so it is still under warranty. Do not mention wet wipes or the fact you have done anything to it.

Bizarre, I have just tested it again after leaving it for 30 mins and pressed the low flush (light grey button) and it worked perfectly (ie gradually filled the pan up and then flushed). However then i pressed it again and same issue happened it just flushed straight away without filling the pan up - literally as soon as the button is clicked it flushes. After flushing it then puts a small amount of water in, this small amount is what is being flushed away.

I have just tried pouring some more water in so the level is higher. Then I flushed it away - it flushed straight away. Then on the off chance I flushed it again and for 5/6 times it worked perfectly. Then it was back to how it was - firing as soon as the flush is pressed. You don't think it could be a kink in the water supply pipe do you? as it seems to be intermittent now. I can't get to the supply pipe at the moment as its behind a washing machine and tumble dryer.

Re the 2 seconds thing. I was meaning the programming mode. Instructions says - The motor runs for 2 seconds, this means youhave entered programming mode. However it doesn't do that for me. Runs a normal flush - so longer then 2 seconds which makes me think it can't get into programming mode.

Thanks for the advice - might give it a few days then give John Bates a call. Will be honest over the situation :) I like fixing stuff myself so was hoping it would be an easier fix!

Bit of a long shot .................
When you put it back together are you sure the plug was fully home in the 2 button switch?

Far too much electric trickery in them for an easy fix !

Bit of a long shot .................
When you put it back together are you sure the plug was fully home in the 2 button switch?

Far too much electric trickery in them for an easy fix !

I didn't disconnect it. Will probably end up dismantling it again so will check it out though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sanicompact not working correctly - flushing straight away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock