Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

btp127

We have a sanifo sanislim (I think) in our bathroom.
W/C, sink one side and shower the other side.

ALthough it works recently I've noticed 2 things:
1. On flushing toilet there is a gurgling noise in the shower trap
2. It seems to run for longer on flushing the toilet (it runs constantly though, not on/off)

My suspicion is the one-way valve where the shower inlet is isnt closing properly. So when the toilet flushes some of the water comes up the shower trap.

I guess it is also possible that the outlet is blocked, and the increase in pressure there forces water up the shower trap.

Can someone confirm it is likely to be the former?

And if so:
a) Where can i get hold of a spare valve, or is it likely to just need a clean
b) Is it an easy/obvious job to change it?

Are there any pics/videos anyone can link to showing this valve?

I'm fairly happy taking the macerator to bits, but would like to remove/clean/replace in one go hence asking in advance what I'm likely to find and need before taking it apart. It would also be useful to know how much water is likely to be in it, or is most drained out by the pump in use?

Thanks

We have a resident expert on these , he will be along shortly no doubt ........ @rpm Come on yer slacking

You do not have to dismantle it. That is all I can say for now until my messaging service is restored.

I have replied to you on another forum, feel free to come back to me there if you need future assistance.
(Thanks to townfanjon for the nod but a man is allowed a morning off once in awhile. lol)

I have replied to you on another forum, feel free to come back to me there if you need future assistance.
(Thanks to townfanjon for the nod but a man is allowed a morning off once in awhile. lol)

Only if it's approved :D

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
It was approved once I had handed my wallet over for a shopping trip lol
Worth every penny to stay in bed with coffee and the dog on top of the duvet dozing.

(Saw your other post Shaun, management took it away for whatever reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, would greatly appreciate some pointers Toilet downstairs drains slowly. First floor toilet causes bath to reflux water and make noise. Second floor toilet causes shower to gurgle. Tried Mr Muscle drain unblocker almost everywhere. Tried plunging the toilets, shower and bath. Tried a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock