Search the forum,

Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough I was contacted early last year, police,fire and ambulance service magazine, all sounded legit, guy wanted £15.00 up front so paid it (stuipd i know) then the magazine did arrive and was very very basic and full of spelling mistakes and errors. I spoke to the police and they had never heard of it (suprise suprise). I then got a call from a guy in liverpool who had heard the company had been taken to court and he was getting his money back after he paid it all!!!!

Me? I walked away £15 down the swanny but it could have been worse, now all i get is "I can get you on the first page of google".......it never ends!

Funnily enough I was contacted early last year, police,fire and ambulance service magazine, all sounded legit, guy wanted £15.00 up front so paid it (stuipd i know) then the magazine did arrive and was very very basic and full of spelling mistakes and errors. I spoke to the police and they had never heard of it (suprise suprise). I then got a call from a guy in liverpool who had heard the company had been taken to court and he was getting his money back after he paid it all!!!!

Me? I walked away £15 down the swanny but it could have been worse, now all i get is "I can get you on the first page of google".......it never ends!

What's the address in Liverpool?

I didn't have his address, he had also been scammed but had paid the full amount, where as I only paid a deposit.
I'm lost. The fella who took you £15 was also getting scammed?

Edit: Nevermind, read it again sorry.

lol no worries, prob me typing made you confused,,,,,, I never heard anything of it again...

VAT Registration Numbers
UK CORPORATE PORTAL 2013

Received a letter from GERMANY today and thought I'd put a warning on here.

Starts off telling you that due to the change to the EU economic package (?!) all companies are obligated to provide their Vat Number and this lovely company require you to return the enclosed form with your details - at no cost (ahem)
Turn to page 2 and you will find in the small print (!) that you will actually be charged £797 anually and this will apply for the next 3years plus a further year if not terminated in writing !!!!!!!

They don't ask for bank details at this stage but you are invoiced and hounded for the fees because you will have signed a "legally binding" document and......... "German Law applies"

Ignore it.

VAT Registration Numbers
UK CORPORATE PORTAL 2013

Received a letter from GERMANY today and thought I'd put a warning on here.

Starts off telling you that due to the change to the EU economic package (?!) all companies are obligated to provide their Vat Number and this lovely company require you to return the enclosed form with your details - at no cost (ahem)
Turn to page 2 and you will find in the small print (!) that you will actually be charged £797 anually and this will apply for the next 3years plus a further year if not terminated in writing !!!!!!!

They don't ask for bank details at this stage but you are invoiced and hounded for the fees because you will have signed a "legally binding" document and......... "German Law applies"

Ignore it.

got that one this morning just tore it up and didnt read page 2, thanks for that though..

Combined Maintenance Services require a Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain a 12 month contract for a minimum of 390 domestic rental properties within the “M” Postcode area.

This came through the other day - £2100 upfront.

I get at least 1 email a month from bogus companies offering 'contracts' to service multiple properties for their 'clients', having investigated some of them (who charge between £1750 - £2100 + vat), I have noticed most give Scottish addresses with London head office details, they usually have a website which looks authentic, where they show as fraudulent is through the addresses given (One was a Kebab house, which came up on google maps street view), they will often publish large companies details as 'their' clients, but if you ring the clients, they have often never heard of them and will chase the website owners down to remove the links.

If anyone feels that they are getting conned, please use the link to Trading Standards I've put up above as a sticky and report them.

Only by reporting them can we make the their business unprofitable.

Had a similar call from a foreign gentleman about a free magazine. Checked it out and it did appear to be genuine.

Problem was, magazine was distributed in the London area and I'm based near York. Hardly going to nip down to Hendon to change a tap washer! :lol:

I have had a contract with Combined Maintenance to look over i have been through this before so was just playing them along Guess what im on the shortlist again !!!!!!! what a bunch of jokers but will play them along i have paid someone to look into these and have some interesting facts and will post them next week when i get the info back from trading standards..... Always scottish people you speak to

all the ones mentioned have been at it for years back in 1992 foresters/fire service mags were flogging their wares to schools etc, trading standards have failed to stop them in all this time!!

Aye, I've had the foresters on, telling me I was no 1 OFTEC/RGII in my area. While I might suspect that 'tis doubtful others would agree :)

We were all conned by Corgi, who sold the brand name and the registration database (all the customer/appliance details we HAD to provide by law) to a company in Scotland called Green Installer ltd, the now operate as Corgi Homeplan and send letters to our customers offering maintenance plans, for this reason I havn't used anything Corgi, and stopped my registration with them, I tweeted, emailed, and telephoned, they just denied it all, Corgi Direct will tell you they are nothing to do with Corgi Homeplan, they are seperate companies but CD sold some of the rights to the brand.

Re: Citizens Advice warning on phoney job scams...

Just had a call from "Corgi" checking my details which they knew, rattling them off.

Started to go into his spiel, next, where I told him I didn't think he was with Corgi and terminated the call.

Turns out this number 0800108579 is used by Yell...... so just be warned.

Re: Citizens Advice warning on phoney job scams...

Just had a call from "Corgi" checking my details which they knew, rattling them off.

Started to go into his spiel, next, where I told him I didn't think he was with Corgi and terminated the call.

Turns out this number 0800108579 is used by Yell...... so just be warned.

Had this one yesterday, knew all my details then said we've got you down to do 4 new boilers a year, do you want more gas work ? .....no not really 4's to many a year for me thanks,,,,click,,brrrrr....

Another one for the list here
1st call plumbers based in London
www.1stcall-plumbers.co.uk

Did a job for them on good friday (nr Chichester so didn't travel very far)
Invoice sent by e-mail, promises of payment (usual bull about office staff missing my invoice)
No payment as yet, and not holding my breath:83:

I've just googled the address of the "Director" of Combined Maintenance Services Limited (listed on Companies House).

Its a council house in Kilmarnock!!

got the email from these bell ends this morning so i sent this back them.

Thanks for your email but as its a loads of tosh ive forwarded your email to the trading standards for them to look at.
As your email is no different to crap you spuriously emailed me in the past under different trading names.

Have good weekend you chancer.
Karma will catch up with you one day.

thanks Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just replied to Ross Black Combined Maintenance Services Limited email received.
Retention deposit. Dream on, Scam

hey jules verne was the email off a Mr Willson who doesn't exist.....??

someone called jon henderson but same spiel as the other rubbish emails. content of email below.

Combined Maintenance Services require a Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain a 12 month contract for a minimum of 370 domestic rental properties within the “BD” Postcode area.

The Selected Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after the annual servicing for each property, along with offering a daily call out service between the hours of 9am – 5pm (Monday to Friday). All repairs and breakdowns will need to be covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown.

Who we are:

Combined Maintenance Services Ltd is a property maintenance provider servicing a number of Clients within the UK ranging from private landlords to schools and social housing associations.

We are able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and can cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties ranging from a leak on the roof to a broken hinge on the garden fence.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focussed on only working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - a full national coverage but also having the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting process.

What we have to offer:

• A local domestic gas Contract within the “BD” Postcode area, for a minimum of 12 months.
  • Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate.
  • There will be set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs.
  • 30 days notice is given for all planned maintenance.
  • 1 company/contractor will be selected. No sharing area or jobs with competitors.
  • Payments made within 30 days from date of receiving invoice.

What we need from you:

• You must be locally based and able to cover the full “BD” Postcode area.
  • Gas Safe registration is paramount for all of the work.
  • A minimum £2 million Public Liability Insurance is required to take on work within these properties.
  • At least 1 years experience working within the Domestic Gas Industry.
  • There will be a requirement to cover daily breakdowns and resulting installations.
  • You will need space in your diary or the ability to accommodate the extra work necessary to enable smooth allocation of workflow with no confliction on your existing customers.

How we operate:

Combined Maintenance Services Ltd legally guarantees that the selected contractor will be provided with a minimum of 370 compliant properties within the “BD” Postcode area.

We take a yearly management fee from our Clients for every property that we look after meaning that we do not take any commission or percentages from any jobs issued to the selected contractor. Resulting in you, the contractor, maximising your earnings from the work provided in the Contract.

Contractor’s Retention Bond:

As with most maintenance contracts consisting of a guaranteed term and workload, CMS work with a retention deposit from the selected Contractor to ensure you are safe guarded along with our Clients for the 12 month contract period.

Because the chosen Contractor is given a legal contract that guarantees them the properties over the next 12 months, CMS require the same level of commitment in return to ensure that the work will be managed and carried out correctly and to reduce the risk to our company and our Client’s reputation.

The retention deposit is a one off payment that is secured within the contract over the next 12 months and is held until CMS and the chosen Contractor parts company.

Like any deposit, this can be refunded at any stage within the 12 month duration with a 30 day written notice period. No commission is taken from any work issued.

The retention deposit for the “BD” postcode contract is £2125.00

What to do next:

Should this be of interest to you, I am available to discuss, and I would encourage you to contact me using the details below. Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria set by our clients, you can log your details and forward using the following link. Click Here

I look forward to speaking with you

Kind Regards

John Henderson

Mob: 07516 550770 Tel: 0845 338 1839
[email protected]

Combined Maintenance Services Ltd: 38 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3DX
www.combinedmaintenance.co.uk

look at google maps there is no way company address is legit just a mailling adddress.

I have a few off these types of calls recently. If they try & sell me anything or say they are going to advertise my company. Dont trust any of them sharks.

I have a few off these types of calls recently. If they try & sell me anything or say they are going to advertise my company. Dont trust any of them sharks.

Just got the email from the "Combined Maintenance Services Ltd" , still at it it would seem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock