Search the forum,

Discuss Science experiment few ideas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps

I have a customer who is a scientist and requires a mock jig made up to incorporate an unvented cylinder. I really need a little help to source some suitable appliances and fittings. Any help would be massively appreciated:

1. The incoming flow is not good so we will probably be looking at an accumulator or booster pump to increase the flow. Can anyone recommend a cheap (ish) accumulator/booster pump to take flow up to 18-20 lpm from 12. Pressure is pretty good at 2.5bar.

2. As part of his experiment he will need to control the flow rate to various lpm amounts. can anyone suggest a fitting to enable easy but accurate flow control?

3. Finally, a G3 type question. How close can hot outlet change from copper to Speedfit as the hot water will need to go through something like a 50m coil before reaches an outlet. Don’t ask me what they are trying to achieve but this is the spec they’ve given me.

Thanks guys

Matt

Blimey ..
i did my G3 last week and don’t remember reading anything about the copper to speedfit on no 3 , I will have a read in a bit and let you know.
Only thing that sprung to mind , but I have no idea what hes trying to do is Legionella ???

dynamic 2.5 bar?

Hi chaps

I have a customer who is a scientist and requires a mock jig made up to incorporate an unvented cylinder. I really need a little help to source some suitable appliances and fittings. Any help would be massively appreciated:

1. The incoming flow is not good so we will probably be looking at an accumulator or booster pump to increase the flow. Can anyone recommend a cheap (ish) accumulator/booster pump to take flow up to 18-20 lpm from 12. Pressure is pretty good at 2.5bar.
Mains pressure boosting

2. As part of his experiment he will need to control the flow rate to various lpm amounts. can anyone suggest a fitting to enable easy but accurate flow control?
Water Flow Regulators
3. Finally, a G3 type question. How close can hot outlet change from copper to Speedfit as the hot water will need to go through something like a 50m coil before reaches an outlet. Don’t ask me what they are trying to achieve but this is the spec they’ve given me.
No Regulations I am aware of plastic can be directly connected if you must.
Thanks guys

Matt
Check out the links above &
Talk to the man at Great Water he is a good guy Matt.
More details would be required to determine the best options, like is it going to say connected or removed after ?

It’s a temporary set up prior to them marketing their product to potential buyers

Massive thanks to you all, first time I’ve ever had to concoct something so variable in terms of usage within a day.

What's the product there testing ?

It’s to do with a cleaning product and hot water and specific flows and pressures are key

Firstly, with a not too good flow rate, and requiring it in bursts, prob the best (cheapest) thing to do is install a large tank with a single ended pump at the outlet whose operation is limited by a float switch so it doesn't run dry. The size of the tank will be determined by the flow rate required & time plus a percentage.

On the pump outlet fit a flow limiter. You could do that simply by creating a T off the pump with the T going back into the tank (opp end to take off). Put two valves on two away legs to control. As its a dedicated system and pumped you should get pretty reasonable flow consistency by just testing rate into a bucket!

I've never heard of a G3 requirement re speedfit! The only thing, in my view you'll need to worry about is the severe restriction to flow speedfit introduces with those horrible inserts. Personally I'd use Polyplumb with the st/st ones.

It’s to do with a cleaning product and hot water and specific flows and pressures are key

You have to be careful then if there adding it to the water it could become a cat 4/5 risk so that makes your mind up break tank and pump needed

They are running the water at varying temperatures / flow rates / pressures through their cleaning product. To the best of my knowledge there is no point where the product and the water will mix

Reply to Science experiment few ideas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently had a UFH circuit added to my existing CH/HW system and had a question on performance when UFH and CH are operating at the same time. My boiler is an Vailliant EcoTec Plus 630 and for a number of years this was running with a CH and HW loop only. Each loop had a 2 port...
Replies
Views
Hi - please help me. I think our UFH is installed incorrectly. Please see pictures (if anyone needs more images I can take them). UFH-Full-View-Labelled - https://ibb.co/3C0MsKD The problems we have are. The heating takes FOREVER to heat the rooms. The circulation pump is running all the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock