Search the forum,

Discuss Scrap Price for Copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I get a fiver for it (better me having it than the gypies) ???

Whats wrong with 3.50 a kg for copper??? Yes they have been a bit higher but they have been a lot lower too...

Its not like you have to work for it :)

Thursday lastweek I was getting 3700 for coper and 3200 for brazery soon adds up I take 2 or 3 rhino buckets in when I go and regulary come out with 150 200 pound ish I have had a waste carries licence in the past but now adays I turn up in the family car and play the old oh I have renewed the heating at hiome if the council come around

I'm just bumping this thread for no particular reason. If it isn't a current topic, don't worry about it, just ignore it and it'll move off the forum list before long. If it is a topic you'd like to reply to though, go ahead. :)

My scrappy says the price is starting to shoot up since brexit given the pounds falling value against the dollar

thats good as i got two indirect cylinders and about 75kg of copper to scrap :rockon2:

copper is up brass is down

Is it true copper is up? I've been sat in mine for about a year waiting for it to ,
Be probably got over 150kgs of brass aswell so I will
Have a ring around

I took mine in yesterday. 2.90 copper tube clean, 2.41 for brazier, 2.00 for brass and 1.00 for lead. Walked out 500 quid. Luvly jubbly

My scrappy says the price is starting to shoot up since brexit given the pounds falling value against the dollar

Your scrappy is correct.

The price of new copper has risen anyway, even in dollar terms, from a recent low of about $4600/tonne to about $4913/tonne at close of the markets tonight. That rise of just under 7% is not remarkable - the market often swings by that amount, and as recently as March 16 and May 16, the dollar price occasionally went over $5000/tonne.

However, if you factor in the approx devaluation of the pound against the dollar, post Brexit, then you have another 8% to 10% increase in the sterling price, as you need more sterling to buy a dollars worth of copper. Put the two together, and you are in the high teens in terms of a % price change.

Although the correlation is far from exact in the short term, in the long term the scrap price will shadow the price of newly mined, raw copper. Scrap can never rise above the price of new, otherwise the mining and smelting companies would simply take their virgin production straight to the scrappie, which is clearly nonsense.

So expect a better price at the scrappie. The downside, of course, if that you should also expect a higher price at the merchant. You can't have it both ways!

:)

And that is what I don't get when people complain scrap is low it's costing less to by in the first place soon complain when it becomes expensive to buy

The downside, of course, if that you should also expect a higher price at the merchant. You can't have it both ways!

:)

Well i get my copper from the scrappy.
4 quid a kilo which is approx 26 quid a bundle of 15 and 52 odd for a bundle of 22.

You'll find more up to date threads than this in the main Pluming Forum. But I'm reply to this so we bump it up the list and get the pages indexed correctly because of the new update we've had. So just ignore this if it's all old news.

If you do reply, keep it polite and professional. You can disagree with the above posts, and just be professional with your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap Price for Copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock