Search the forum,

Discuss Screeching Grundfos ERP 2015 pump in Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumbgaspaul

Gas Engineer
Friend has a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 VUW 246/5-3 R4 boiler that was installed just over 2 years ago (now out of warranty as not installed by Advance engineer).

The pump makes a screeching noise when the hot water is running or when the pump is operating at a high rate for CH. Before I go and order a new pump for around £150 I wanted to check if anyone had any suggestions I could try to stop the noise before shelling out.

The pump is a Grundfos UPM3, 15-70 VH2004 (Product Code 0020221618)

Any advice appreciated. Has anyone else had any issues with these new ERP pumps, particularly in Vaillants?

Yep common heard it was a bad batch from grun you still get the odd one these days

Could be some debris in there it needs a GAS SAFE engineer to drain the boiler and strip the pump out . cheers kop

Could be some debris in there it needs a GAS SAFE engineer to drain the boiler and strip the pump out . cheers kop
Hi KOP, I am GS - so before I order a new pump it is worth taking out the existing pump and stripping down to see if there is any debris? Relatively new to this trade so still coming across lots of situations for the first time. Your advice is much appreciated.

Canoe filter?
If the system needs cleaning do that before fitting a new pump

Hi KOP, I am GS - so before I order a new pump it is worth taking out the existing pump and stripping down to see if there is any debris? Relatively new to this trade so still coming across lots of situations for the first time. Your advice is much appreciated.
yes mate that would be my first job because they are not cheap to replace bud give you a bit of experience as well. cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screeching Grundfos ERP 2015 pump in Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Let me start by saying, my heating works fine. I only know the basics of a system, and this may well be just me and my sensitive hearing... I have been in my property for 5 years. I had a Wilo circulation pump, which purred wonderfully. I never took a photo of it as a reference, but it...
Replies
Views
I have a 5 year old Ideal Logic 15 boiler that has been working alongside an old Grundfos pump possibly about 10years old. The boiler was recently (about 3 weeks ago) repaired and services by an Ideal technician. I had a plumber yesterday from Local Heros who came to fit a new Grundfos UPS3...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecotec went off this evening, just noticed, no response, not turning on and no error code. tried replacing fuse in plug, turns on for less than a minute then dead again. have repeated with new fuse and does the same. Any ideas?? Plumber says maybe pcb, he can check in the morning...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I've posted this in the right place. I installed a Grundfos UPS2 15-50/60 (part number 98334549) circulating pump into my oil fired central heating system 4 years ago. Recently on the boiler firing up the pump has not started, there is an intermittent...
Replies
Views
Apologies at start for long post but trying to give as much info as possible, Home - detached bungalow build 1989, cavity wall insulation, loft had extra in 2008, doubled glazed, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Size is Width 35 feet, length 32 feet, room height 8ft. 7 Radiators installed 1995 plus 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock