Search the forum,

Discuss Search limits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wheeto

When you're looking for previous posts on a topic, it's really unhelpful to wait a minute between searches as you try different keywords. I understand that you don't want the sever overloaded with searches, but would it be possible to, say, limit it to ten searches every ten minutes, rather than one search every minute?

Users would then be able to issue a handful of queries in quick succession but would still mitigate the risk of someone DoS'ing the site.

I agree, it is frustrating when you do not get the search term right and then have to wait before trying again.

Dave and Dan will view this so we can see what they say

I can assure there is a reason for it and I assume it is to stop the website crashing from those people who have nothing better to do than run continuous searches all day until BOOM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Search limits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Google Adwords are running an offer at the moment and are giving away £75's worth of free clicks, when you spend £25 with them. It's probably the best type of offer they've done for a long time, it's usually £25 when you spend £25. Or you can sometimes find a free £50 voucher with no spends...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been working on new websites for members of this forum over the past several weeks. I did a survey of businesses and have also had consistent dialogue with those who have signed up about their aspirations and goals for the future. What seems to be...
Replies
Views
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock