Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary Heat exchange cleaning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

how2

[FONT=&amp]Hi Guys.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Need some Help. Ideal Logic combi 24[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]CH works but no DHW,[/FONT][FONT=&amp] the guy told me to use "one shot" which I found to be drain cleaner(91% sulphuric Acid). [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I have put Sentinel X400 into the heating system and will also use X100.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]How will I know which is the CH holes and which are the DHW holes?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Which holes will have black deposits? - CH assumption[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Which holes will have Limescale? - DHW assumption[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I am assuming the DHW is blocked.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have access to a wide range of acids which should I use and for how long?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Are any of these not Acids suitable fro the secondary heat exchange?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Should i use Fernox DS3 which is about 90% or more [/FONT]Sulphamic acid
Citric acid,
Hydrochloric acid
Sulphuric acid
Sulphamic acid

Thank you

Sadly that is a job and a boiler you cannot work on legally as you need to be gas safe registered.

Leave well alone and get in someone who knows what they are doing.

Had a look at the seconary heat exchange, there was no black gunk in the CH side and the DW side had little limescale. Poured water thought it and only a bit of lime scale came out. accacheed hose pipe and water flow through with ease.

Some why am I getting very little Hot water CH is working fine.

Have a quick read of the forum rules regarding gas appliances.

please please don't meddle with the insides of your boiler, if as it seems you don't know what you're doing you could very well cause irreparable damage to the boiler or indeed put your family's lives in danger. get a gas engineer in to do this for you, it is really not worth peoples lives to save a few quid. thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Secondary Heat exchange cleaning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock