Search the forum,

Discuss Seeing so many new plumbing vans around in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Made me think of a Martin Amis quote about burgling and that it could be re-done about plumbing so I googled it and changed the word burgling for plumbing. Kinda works

“Little did they know that the place they were about to plumb -- the shop, and the flat above it -- had already been plumbed the week before: yes, and the week before that. And the week before that. It was all plumbed out. Indeed, plumbing, when viewed in Darwinian terms, was clearly approaching a crisis. Plumbers were finding that almost everywhere had been plumbed. Plumbers were forever bumping into one another, stepping on the toes of other plumbers. There were plumber jams on stairways, on groaning fire-escapes. Plumbers were being plumbed by fellow plumbers, and were doing the same thing back. Returning from plumbing, plumbers would discover that they themselves had just been plumbed, sometimes by the very plumber that they themselves had just plumbed! How would this crisis in plumbing be resolved? It would be resolved when enough plumbers found plumbing a waste of time, and stopped doing it. Then, for a while, plumbing would become worth doing again. But plumbers had plenty of time to waste -- it was all they had plenty of, and there was nothing else to do with it -- so they just went on plumbing.”

I tried to look up a local person on the gas safe website to see if he was registered.
Lives about 2-3 miles from me.
I gave up after 10 pages of local company's, never found him.
Think it’s the same everywhere at the minute. Especially now it’s winter. They all come out the woodwork.

A few year ago i was stood around on site with a couple of other trades getting the usual 18 quid an hour for not alot of effort.
All us moaning about how many newbies keep popping up so we decided to see who could get to 10 first countjng the vans in our respective trades that drove past.
Reckon it took me about 30 seconds to reach 10 plumbing vans that drove past dont even think the other trades were on 2 lol

The problem is that everybody with an ar$e hole think they can plumb. I see the man with a van advert stating painting, gardening, gutter cleaning, plumbing etc.

Bring it on. Once they've fecked it up I can go in with a ridiculously high price to fix it.

When training establishments are delivering a gas safe card after 4 weeks why wouldn't the market be 'flooded' - deliberate pun!

The whole industry is in genuine crisis, but the very worst part of that is that poor punters have ZERO Idea of who's any bl33din good cos they show this official piece of sh1te registration...

Things need to change but NO ONE wants to actually help change it... :mad:

It defo isn't changing anytime soon as capita after being awarded the contract again has declared they want many more engineers

Reply to Seeing so many new plumbing vans around in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock