Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss selling boiler cover ?? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jamie

Jamie New Member

hows things new to this forum

was just wondering if any of the installers have thought about selling boiler cover to customers or if anybody does sell it ??

what are your views on this ??

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

????

3. Jamie

Jamie New Member

confused ??

4. rpm

Just wondering what you've been smokin for that Q to pop up. :)

5. Jamie

Jamie New Member

is it a bad question ?

do you know much about cover side ?

6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Probably not much use to you
    Theres a firm local to me who do it , but I dont know them as to how well it works .

7. Jamie

Jamie New Member

its a great cashflow i think but with 17% of homes experiencing a breakdown per year i dont know how close the margins would be

8. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Fact is these types of assurance businesses are popping up every day. Many are doing it. What is sold is a form of 'peace of mind' in that if you are signed up you have some form of guaranteed response when the stuff hits the fan - it's freezing outside and your boiler fails.

When plumbers are the simply the worst of every trade at responding to customers it provides a valuable opportunity for those prepared to put themselves out. No, I do not want to start a debate about whether YOU respond or not... Frankly, if you're on here you're statistically far more likely to give a sh1t ;)

The type of people who typically take out this form of protection are likely to read the papers - Mail & Express = older people. They take what they read in these fish & chip wrappers and get sucked in by it. This type of assurance is designed to re balance those feelings of dread.

All I would say is PLEASE do it properly!

9. rpm

Haha, just realised the OP was talking about boiler cover insurance, first time I read it I thought he was selling the covers for boilers!
    In my defence I had had a few beers that day. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jamie

Jamie New Member

thanks for th reply people

i was just wondering what yous thought the numbers would be ie how many call outs also i think using facetime could half all callouts as yous guys know many of the time the boiler isnt broken

for every thousand i reckon there would be 50-60 call per month?

11. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Based on what?
    There are other ways of working out your numbers. In fact they already exist publically. Do not reinvent the wheel.
    That said, I ain't doing it for you cos its YOUR potential business ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. rpm

FaceTime? Half my customers can`t text! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jamie

Jamie New Member

nice advice yorkshire dave thanks

rpm is everything ok bud you want a cuddle ?

14. rpm

If I type an answer I`m pretty sure you wouldn`t like it :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jamie

Jamie New Member

love a bit of dirty talk rpm