Search the forum,

Discuss semi-concealed in ground gas box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Does a semi-concealed in ground gas box need to be 150mm from an air brick in a building? Sure I read this somewhere not sure if it was for medium pressure installations though. Thanks for any advice.

hope this helps

The box is partly buried at the foot of the house wall at a depth shown by the level indicator marked on the box. This will ensure that the installation protrudes approximately 250mm above ground level at the wall, sloping to 160mm at the front of the box, thereby preventing the ingress of water.

To avoid any restriction of air flow, it must not obstruct air bricks and should be sited at least 150mm from any other item / box.

Thank you. So it states the box needs to be 150mm from another box. Not an air brick? Must of read it wrong. Thanks. What's its classification of an item though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to semi-concealed in ground gas box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Hello All, newbie here. I am building a new home on a spacious plot and considering a ground source heat pump instead of air source. I understand trenches need to be 1.2m deep, 1m wide, and 5m apart. But how level does the overall site have to be? My site is on the side of a hill and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock