Search the forum,

Discuss Sentinel x100 - Cheapest Supplier. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Normal domestic combi-boiler system.

Where is the cheapest place to get Sentinel x100 from?

How often should it be replaced/renewed?

Also looking for the cheapest place to get the test kits.

Needed for a three bedroom home with 13 radiators.

Thanks to any willing to help.

If it helps I live in Ashford near heathrow airport.

I only use on trade suppliers. But screwfix are normally a fair price from what I have heard. Every few years or when the system is drained. 13 rads will need more then 1 bottle if they are decent sized rads.

+1 to the above and I always put two bottles in
Can't over inhb within reason

Tradepoint (B&Q) but price only decent if you're a trade customer.

I wouldn't change it unless draining down for some other reason.

The only test I ever do is take a sample home and stick a nail in it - the test kits strike me as a rip off.

Fernox f1 is a better product, you need 2 bottles of whatever one you use unless you get Adey mc1+ and then you may get away with one bottle just.

Top three in my opion sentinal , adey , fernox not alot to choose between them thats why they are recommended by most boiler manufacturers read your boiler installation manual and one of these products will be advised for use in the system.

What about MB3? An old guy I know seems to think it is a far better product. Based, I think, on the fact that it costs more. I thought the only reason Fernox still makes MB3 is that it is backwards compatible with MB3?
Who's right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sentinel x100 - Cheapest Supplier. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock