Search the forum,

Discuss Short loud rapid hammering noise when heating pump starts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheesebo

Hi,
I have a Vaillant ecoTECT plus combi boiler (I think it's a 618). It was installed around 7 years ago and has been serviced on a regular basis. Up until a month ago (a month after it's last service) it has been working perfectly, but now it has started to make a very loud, rapid hammering noise for about a second as the heating pump kicks in (when the heating is switched on, or when the heating is on but the hot water tap has just been switched off).
The noise only happened intermittently at first, but now it happens nearly every time.

Could there be a simple fix for this, or do I need to get the service engineer back in?

Cheers,
Dave

Just take a few trv heads off? Possibly? What's pressure in boiler?

Possibly knocking of the diverter valve when is actuated over the pump could be slamming it in place

It's got a built in bypass I was thinking it was overrun and trvs . Bypass set too high?

But that would be more then a short knocking I think and for trv's to chatter bypass would surly need to be close to closed or blocked maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Short loud rapid hammering noise when heating pump starts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock