Search the forum,

Discuss Shower covered by tiles please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We were asked to replace this shower but the landlord wants a surface mounted shower.

the existing shower is covered by tiles so the tiles would have to be knocked out and redone afterwards.

The cold is mains fed and the hot is tank fed.

i was thinking of altering the pipe work and installing a surface mounted bar shower mixer. There is not much head above the shower and the bar mixer states min of 2 bar pressure required.
i didn't want to replace if it won't work.

the other thing I thought of was an electric shower.

does anyone know a surface mounted mixer that would work or have any other ideas?

thanks in advance !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 106
Tiles easy replaced as they're white.
Thermostatic shower mixer sorts out the temp change cold feed pressure drop. And pump for the hot feed?
Twin impeller shower pump if pressure is too low?
If you fit electric you're still going to have to replace the tiles around mixer once it's taken out as there will be no need for it.

Last edited:
with no head and unbalanced supplies its not going to work electric is probably the easiest if the cable run isnt to hard
you could use a low pressure shower with a pressure reducing valve on the cold but in my experience this can be a bit hit and miss regarding results

Thanks everyone. I've got a sparkle going tomorrow to see if the cable run is difficult to do.

They look like b&q standard white wobley tiles (looks wavey sortof in the glaze)
8 or 6 pound a box usually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower covered by tiles please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock