Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pressure terrible in 5 year old house with unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inerz

Thanks for taking the time to read, and sorry if posted in wrong section wasn't sure if it was generic as includes both shower and heating system.

I've just purchased a property built in late 2010, 3 story's and the previous owner was a British Gas engineer so therefore had an unvented system installed professionally ( won't find a better system on the whole estate apparently) however the only problem is that the en suite shower, located on the same floor as the cylinder approx 5 metres away, is little more than a trickle, very difficult to wash under, was wondering what the problem could be as its a real nuisance, the stopcock under sink is fully open, what steps should I take? Should I measure the litres of water from each tap on each floor to check flow rate is there? Or is there something else a miss. I've attached 3 photos of the system. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 26
if it is just one itenm with poor flow then it will be down to that. if all other taps are ok suggest you get someone to check the shower out,

Thankyou for the replies, turns out it was a flow restrictor in the shower head, removed it and hey presto can actually shower now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pressure terrible in 5 year old house with unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock