Discuss Shower Pump H/W low pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

First time novice, I thought I had a problem with my shower pump as the flow was much lower than normal. Pure coincidence but this happened just after I had my H/W cylinder replaced.

My shower is gravity feed from the H/W cylinder and a separate C/W tank, both located in the loft. I only have the one shower. I called out a plumber to replace the exiting pump and to cut a very long strory short he provrd incapable of doing the job. He was trying to fit a single impellor pump to replace the twin impellor.

My current situation is that I have disconnected the pump and put flexi hose between both Hot and Cold supply so effectively my shower is now being gravity fed.
When I try to run the shower the HW flow is no more than a trickle, the CW is like a slow tap.

My question is should I expect a normal tap flow on the HW side, and if I should is the problem with the mixer bar?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Reply to Shower Pump H/W low pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back