Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Shower pump type. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. wirepuller

wirepuller New Member

Hi to the forum.
    Hands up I'm a sparks from the electricians forum but would like to tackle this myself so advise would be much appreciated.
    I've bought an Aqualisa Midas 110s mixer valve, not installed yet, but have realized with a head of only 700mm I'm going to need a pump for it to work.
    My question is will a positive head pump work ok with the mixer valve and the <0.1 bar gravity head....will there be enough flow to activate the flow switch?
    Or should I buy a universal...(more expensive) pump which apparently will work regardless of flow?
    I'm only looking at a 1-2 bar pump, don't want a deluge or my teen daughter will empty the hot tank 4 times a day.
    Thanks for any help.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Afternoon

As long as your shower head is below the bottom of the cold water tank by 0.5m

Positive head is fine if it's less negative/ universe (these sense the pressure loss and not the flow)

Cold water tank needs to be around 50 gallon (220l)

• Like Like x 1
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Personally I would go universal mate. 1.5 bar pump , showers dont forget are more about flow than pressure

• Like Like x 2
  4. wirepuller

wirepuller New Member

Conflicting opinions..!
    Not sure now....I guess a universal would be a cert as opposed to a positive head pump which should be ok?

5. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I agree to above universal shower pump perhaps of the good ones Stuart Turner monsoon

• Like Like x 1
  6. wirepuller

wirepuller New Member

Thanks all.

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

8. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I use salamander pumps they have a new web site have a look at www.salamanderpumps.co.uk very reliable and very quiet regards kop

• Like Like x 1
  9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

There you go screen sot of the menu page cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-07-15-07-57-34.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. wirepuller

wirepuller New Member

A great help chaps. Many thanks.
    Was looking at the salamander pumps which seem less costly that the ST ones.

• Agree Agree x 1