Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Temperature in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and very hot. I replaced the thermostatic cartridge (ceramic) and it made a very small difference but nowhere near back to normal. I had to turn off the water at the main stopcock to do this work and was wondering if the pressure from the mains, if I increased it during the work, could contribute to the luke warm water? If not then does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you so much for reading this.

Did you measure the flowrate from the shower with a lukewarm flow?
What is the combi boiler output??
My mains temp is 10.0C just now so if you consider 30C lukewarm you should get the following flowrates from these combis, 25kw/18LPM, 30kw/21.5LPM, 35kw/25.0LPM & 40kw/29LPM
At a fairly normal flowtemp of 40C you should get 25kw/11.9LPM, 30kw/14.3LPM, 35kw/16.7LPM & 40kw/19.1LPM

Reply to Shower Temperature in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock