Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Shower Trays. Best and Worst in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jrtrrror

jrtrrror New Member

Hi. I d come here to this forum, because I can't get a simple answer to a simple question over on another forum site. What are the best shower trays on the market. And which are the ones to avoid?
    I'd seen a Durastone one, but was insure if its a good reliable make.
    I thought I'd ask you guys that fit them day in day out.

I just want a tried and trusted shower tray that I can raise up off the boards (pipework to accommodate) upon 3"x 2" followed by 18mm ply with the shower tray sat on the ply.

What are the brands you trust or avoid
    Ta

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Mira flight are a good all rounder light weight but still strong with a good leg system only thing that lets them down is the plastic panels front and sides if free standing but all riser kits are much the same there , i make my own up from upvc flat trim , Eastbrook and Just trays are also good companies available through most plumbing and heating merchants , avoid anything fibreglass or plastic. Cheers kop

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. jrtrrror

jrtrrror New Member

Thanks King of Pipes. At last, someone actually answered my question. Haha.

I need to add, because of pipework, the outlet needs to be the front and centre.
    Thanks agsin

Others please add your suggestions.
    Ta

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

As said by KOP. Mira are decent. But don’t mount the tray directly onto ply. It needs to be waterproof and most trays also need to be on a weak cement base.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

Matki, not the cheapest! But as it’s down for a long time, it’s money well spent

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Kudos trays are excellent.mira ar good too.
    It depends on size. Most up to 900 are ok, but once your ove 1m cheap ones tend to come twisted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

All I fit is the flight , however the best one is the flight “ safe “ the tray has a antislip coating . Far safer than the shiny smooth ones .

• Like Like x 1
  8. king of pipes

Got to be raised up Harvest , heres how i do it raised or flat cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-14-21-25-17.png

Screenshot_2018-03-14-21-26-01.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harvest Fields

10. king of pipes

Flexible rapid set tile adhesive bud paddle mixed takes up any discrepancies. Kop

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harvest Fields

I have used that before. But only when the manufacturer says. Do you use it all the time?

12. king of pipes

No mate silicone works on most jobs but this one was a slab of stone so needed a full bed of stuff

• Like Like x 1
  13. Harvest Fields

To be fair. Most of the trays fot are stone and flipping heavy.

14. jrtrrror

jrtrrror New Member

Ta. Just looked at your photo. I was going to shut the water off and place a isolating valve over each of the pipes coming out of the shower wall. Assuming there is an olive on each of the pipes, would it be ok to leave them in position and use them again when I put the shower valves back on?
    Ta

15. king of pipes

You must have a pair of valves to isolate the shower where you install them is your choice i like to connect everything up and flush and test it before fitting the backer board and tiles,kop