Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Shower valve height? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi all. When first fixing for a shower valve what sort of height do you bring them out off the floor? Also what height do you a deluge head?

2. goz666

goz666 GSR

Ask the customer, I did one last year and asked the woman of the house, she went and got her husband who was 6'4" and he said well we have three lads... two at 6'7" and the youngest who is 6'8" and still growing so put it a bit higher if you can.

3. mikeygas

mikeygas Plumber GSR

I find if you have a shower valve fitted over the bath then 1300mm off the floor is a good height.

If valve is over a shower tray/in a cubicle then around 1m from top of shower tray.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

1.2m from the tray for me.

5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Just be careful if it's a fixed riser/head type. Some guy I did a job with once realised the riser was too long and hit the ceiling after fixing the mixer and the tiler had done his bit ;)

6. Allgoode

Allgoode GSR

Follow M.I. if there are any or as a rough guide work out the tray installation height allowing for up stands or if tray straight onto floor surface add around 1 - 1.2m from where you would stand in tray (just above waist height).
    For shower head speak to customer if on rail as mentioned above, if deluge head there should be some M.I. for that but take into account if a shower enclosure the height of the enclosure.
    I think average height in UK is between 5'8" - 5'10" so need sufficient clearance above that and also to not have any splashing going over enclosure/cubicle top when in the shower especially if it has a high operating pressure when in use.

7. Chriswareham

Chriswareham GSR

i would fitt about 1200 to 1300mm high try to work out the tiling so that it fulls within the centure of a tile or on a grout line . it looks so much better same with the head