Search the forum,

Discuss Showermate issues after swapping old for new in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just wondering if anyone has some advice!

Changed a showermate pump in the week, old one was a 1.4 twin but apparently this isnt made anymore so i swapped with a 1.8 twin.

The issue is now the shower pump kicks in on hot only. As i get further round to cold the pump stops. Ive read the old shower pump needed a minimum of 0.5bar inlet whereas this new 1.8 pump needs a minimum of 0.8bar. Could this be the issue or am i missing something else more obvious? All pipework etc is exisiting, i just changed hoses and pump.

Sods law it went on the hottest week of the year when customer wants a cooler shower as at any other time this issuue wouldnt of been noticed!

Is there aa boosting pump i can put on my cold suppy from the tank to increase that pressure upto 0.8bar.

Should add its a gravity system, tank in loft and cylinder in airing cupboard.

Thanks in advance

The 1.8 requires 0.8 litres per minute flow, not 0.8 bar pressure.

I'd be looking for a restriction in the cold feed, for example if the isolating valve in the flexible input hose is not fully open.

its not the shower is it ? , also have you checked the shower strainers ?

You will see upload a file next to post reply

Click upload a file

Find the picture

Click and upload

Ok thankyou

Screenshot_20170531-104026.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Showermate issues after swapping old for new in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock