Search the forum,

Discuss showermax supercal cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupieloo

Gas Engineer
Hi

I've been out to look at this job where this cylinder has been installed for over 15yrs now.

Hot water works fine on the gravity fed side but the mains going through the cylinder for the shower feed doesn't stay hot. It will last a few seconds then runs cold.

Is there a fault inside the cylinder?

I've turned the cold supply to the shower so I know there's water coming through the cylinder to the hot supply on the shower.

Any suggestions.

Arnt these like a thermal store on the shower side ?

Normal cylinder with a coil that feeds the showers

I'm not sure I haven't worked on one before but the showers been working for years and it's had the cartridge replaced etc so I'm not sure what the problem is.

How does the mains feed through the cylinder work as I'd imagine if it runs through a coil it wouldn't have time to heat the water to the shower.

so let me get this right it has a normal gravity cold connection on the bottom

direct or in direct heating?

Yes they are a coil that runs through the cylinder.
The ones “Range” ( now Tribunes ) made were only around 10mm in diameter so they always scaled up depending on where they were sold in the country. Obviously I dont know where you are , if your flow is good to the shower it isnt scaled up

The flow is really good so I can't understand why it's not getting hot or staying hot. It's indirect cylinder.

What could be the cause? I might take the shower off and see if hot water comes out constant. I've turned the cold feed off to the shower and left the hot on and the flow is really good. I can't understand what could be wrong. It couldn't be inside the cylinder could it?

There not off a tmv3 are they

Any chance there's a tapping before the showers ?

No nothing is off and not that I know off.
I'll take the shower off and let the water run out through the pipe see what that does. Then I can eliminate if it's the shower.

Make sure the entire cylinder is fully heated.
Other than that all I can think of is that the shower mains coil is coated in scale on outside, if nothing else obvious

Make sure the entire cylinder is fully heated.
Other than that all I can think of is that the shower mains coil is coated in scale on outside, if nothing else obvious
That was my thought too, I recently had same issue and had to change the vented cylinder. When I cutter the cylinder in half it was fully coated with the layer of scale around the coil there was hardly any space left which wasn't coated at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to showermax supercal cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock