Search the forum,

Discuss Sink/washing machine waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. Just moved in and noted the waste from washing machine backing up into sink. Attached is the current configuration...
Was going to ask would it be a case of putting the T/washing machine on the current upright next to the wall and connecting the rest after it as it is ?- is this correct or anyone else have any recommendations? Many thanks

IMG_20180916_195114.jpg

Can't see where the washing machine waste currently attaches.
If it's the tee in the top right of your pic then that's where it should be. Undo the two compression nuts holding the trap 'U' part on over an empty bucket - see if there's a blockage, if the trap isn't blocked then it might be the pipework between there and the drain.
You can't tap into the pipe after the trap because you'll get sewer stink coming out through your washing machine

Thanks for your reply.
You are correct the washing machine is plumbed in in top right...better pic attached
Have taken apart the ptrap and there is no blockage...thinking perhaps the force is too much when the washing machine is emptying?
It has been suggested to put a t off the waste coming in and put a seperate ptrap for the washing machine and have the sink going on its own.....

It should be fine the way it is connected at present.
Check if partial blockage anywhere, including where the waste pipe terminates. If it terminates to a gulley, check if gulley blocked.
Also check waste pipe has a steady fall, as a dip in it will hold water and create an airlock.
Otherwise a tee off and trap will do or a separate washing machine stand pipe (has trap included) if you wished.

Reply to Sink/washing machine waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock