Search the forum,

Discuss Sink waste to toilet stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lesj

I am attempting my first diy plumbing job in an outside summer house where the mains water and electricity have already been put in. Grateful for any advice.
I have a blue plastic water inlet pipe 2cm diameter and a waste stack on the floor of 11cm.
I want to feed a sink basin and the toilet from this.

The sink and toilet will be only 50cm to 70cm away from each other.
1. Do I cut pipe and insert a stopcock with a two way splint from it? One to the sink and one to the cistern of the toilet.

2. I need to attach the waste from the sink to the toilet stack to run away. Where do I attach it and how do I do it?
Is it into the stack itself or into the drain pipe under the floor that runs away?

3. Do I use plastic fittings to do all of the above?

Thanks for any responses.
Les

1. Buy a mdpe to 15mm stopcock, readily available then insert a 'tee' fitting to supply the cistern and sink tap. Do you need hot water? If so look into single point heaters. You will need an electricity supply.

If the waste pipe is already low and you can't get both the toilet waste and sink waste into it easily you can buy toilet wastes with a 'boss' on the side or top. This will allow you to run the sink waste into the toilet waste pipe.

There is nothing wrong with using plastic fittings, however if it were on show I personally wouldn't but it's up to you. The wastes and fittings will be plastic however !

Any chance of a few pics ?

20170726_172806.jpg
20170726_172806.jpg
20170726_172813.jpg

Is that consumer unit staying there ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink waste to toilet stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked down the top and a with a u bend at the bottow going directly to outside drain. Is it OK to put a tee joint into the verical pipe and join the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock