Search the forum,

Discuss Skill saw needed, any suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I need a skill saw
Never owned one before but used other people's
Any recommendations? Up to £100 ideally and not bothered if it's battery or mains powered

You wont go wrong with a "skill saw" by brand ( I assume you mean circular saw ) . had mine well over 15 years now .

Makita ds610z if you already on a makita cordless platform
Makita hs7601 cam gey 240v or 110
Makita dhs680z brushless cordless body only
Bosch gsk190
Cheap chearful evolution circular saw

On line howe tools or sometimes on special in amazon ps the makita 610z is body only no batt charger ot case

I use a battery Makita for a lot of smaller jobs but find that the Evolution unit is very good it will cut anything with one blade, + you can change blade for a stone cutter one very useful, have chased across concrete floors with it.

I use a battery Makita for a lot of smaller jobs but find that the Evolution unit is very good it will cut anything with one blade, + you can change blade for a stone cutter one very useful, have chased across concrete floors with it.
Is the evolution good for delicate cuts like kitchen end panels it is it a bit rough?

Is the evolution good for delicate cuts like kitchen end panels it is it a bit rough?

Its a very good blade will give a fine cut , But don't just buy the blade you need to get the saw unit its to do with the toque it delivers Best to look on there web site and I believe its made in the uk.

Battery powered saws will almost cut anything these days - but it depends on a sharp blade and what you are cutting.
If you want a powered saw, they do have a lot more grunt and will be much more forgiving with a not so sharp / blunt blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Skill saw needed, any suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock