Search the forum,

Discuss Slight water leak, don't know what the part is called! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnsy2017

Hi There,

Any idea what this is? It's next to my water tank in the airing cupboard upstairs, and seems to be leaking a little!

plumb.png

It is an auto vent.
If you turn the wee brass nut down tight (clockwise), that should hopefully close it off completely. Then get it replaced eventually. Some systems are better with a manual vent IMO, because auto vents will leak.
Edit, - Stani beat me to the reply

Johnsy, is an easy job to change it , but dont just undo it like one of my customers once did .

Johnsy, is an easy job to change it , but dont just undo it like one of my customers once did .

That's why I always fit a valve before (domestic or commercial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slight water leak, don't know what the part is called! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I get a slight leak of water in the bowl. Any advice re the attached please. Thank you in advance
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many years and seems to be leaking.
Replies
Views
Hello. New here. I dont know nothing about boilers or plumbing. Just wondering any idea of cost or what the issue is. 15y old boiler, never had any issues apart from heater exchange smal leak 2y ago, BG changed whole heater exchange and some other small leaks. 2y later, now slow leak at bottom...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks like the bottom part (water section?) is leaking in a couple of places. maybe a seal or diaphragm? Can it be repaired or...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock