Search the forum,

Discuss Slow draining bath after work being done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I recently had had leak from a split flexi hose from my bath. The Plummer had to pull the bath out to get at the hose and fix a new one. Ever since the bath went back in it's draining very slow. Almost not at all. I've tried the chemicals and taken off the u bent waste pipe but there is no blockage. Before I had work carried out the bath drained fine. Any advice as this is very frustrating.

Obviously something has been disturbed and is blocking the waste pipework call back your plumber cheers kop

What type of plug do you have? Is it a pop up or twist type or normal? Make sure it is opening all the way. Seems pretty silly to mention but I have seen this happen before
Hi, it was the pop up type but it wasn't popping up enough so I just pulled it out and bought an old type plug that fits the hole.

Obviously something has been disturbed and is blocking the waste pipework call back your plumber cheers kop
I don't understand what could have blocked the pipes just from moving the bath. He only moved it about 7 inches so he could get his hands in and work. He never disconnected the waste pipes although he did have a job getting the bath out and cracked a few tiles after a bit of banging. The waste pipe runs about two meters at one point behind tiles that cover that sink and toilet I was thinking maybe the design was bad and the water wasn't flowing. It doesn't take long for the water to start backing up and filling my bath after I put the taps on But like I said it was fine before he moved the bath.

You tried an old method called plunging? Be wary of any splash back now you`ve used chemicals though.

You tried an old method called plunging? Be wary of any splash back now you`ve used chemicals though.
Plunged for about half hour and covered the outlet to. I think the flow of the water is just not happening but don't know why

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
... He only moved it about 7 inches so he could get his hands in and work. He never disconnected the waste pipes although he did have a job getting the bath out and cracked a few tiles after a bit of banging...

It's possible that your plumber, who seems to have been channelling Stan Laurel, bent the waste pipe enough to collapse it. Takes quite a lot of force to do that to 40mm plastic, but it seems like quite a lot of force was being applied...

Make sure the plumber didn't plug the pipe to prevent vent stench or water dripping from the pipe, then forgetting to remove the temp plug.

Reactions: rpm
Actually has this after the handyman had fixed a pump, it was a washing up sponge stuffed up a pipe! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow draining bath after work being done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a bath tub in my apartment that is draining very slowly. It does finally drain but only after about 12-15+ minutes. After trying all the old remedies (fluids, powders, zip-it) I am now thinking about manually snaking the drain pipe.... But a Handyman guy who lives at my apartment...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock