Search the forum,

Discuss Slow forum - need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm having trouble with this forum and the tilers forum, they are soooo slow at loading and its becoming a real pain. If I click on a thread, the page loads in the normal time but I cant scroll down until it say 'done' at the bottom left of the screen and there is a small green progress bar, this takes about 50 seconds. :(

All other forums (Screwfix etc) are fine and as fast as anything, I did think I had a virus or something on the computer so I downloaded AVG anti-virus and it found 28 threats and removed them. I thought this would have done it but no its was still slow.

I find I mostly stay on the main plumbing forum on here as navigating all the other sub forums is just too slow and time consuming.

Please help!

Phil.

Have you tried turning your router off for 10 seconds and then turning it back on again. sometimes its a build up of static in the router

Sorted this problem in the end, it was internet explorer that was causing the slowing down. Downloaded firefox and now its fast again.

Worth knowing isn't it?

this is why i dont work with computers, i would have just told you to buy a new one :)

See? It's easy when you clear out the gunk and open the tap more ...

Sorted this problem in the end, it was internet explorer that was causing the slowing down. Downloaded firefox and now its fast again.

Worth knowing isn't it?

I was just going to say are you using internet explorer.
I have not been getting any emails from the site for about a week and wasnt sure if i had changed something on firefox that was causing it, so earlier i used internet explorer and what a pita that was. Slower than a week in the jail. No wonder i never use it.

I was just going to say are you using internet explorer.
I have not been getting any emails from the site for about a week and wasnt sure if i had changed something on firefox that was causing it, so earlier i used internet explorer and what a pita that was. Slower than a week in the jail. No wonder i never use it.

I don't get any emails either tamz I was thinking it was me as I got a new phone

I think it was Friday sometime mine stopped. It is a nuisance as i canny mind what i was talking about :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow forum - need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock