Discuss Small volume of hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Presume pump(s) heads are important after looking at this?.

1645552618278.png

The boiler circ pump feeds one "side" of the LLH, there will be another pump to distribute the water to the different zones presumably, can you give details of this including make/model/settings and check that it's actually running when HW cyl coil motorized valve is opened.

The boiler circ pump feeds one "side" of the LLH, there will be another pump to distribute the water to the different zones presumably, can you give details of this including make/model/settings and check that it's actually running when HW cyl coil motorized valve is opened.
Hopefully these are the right ones.

IMG_1357.jpeg
IMG_1356.jpeg
IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_1354.jpeg

Needs a commercial engineer to have a look and diagnose

If the cylinder coil is supplied from the secondary side of the LLH then the hot water temperature can vary a lot depending on the ratio of primary/secondary flows, the greater the secondary flow rate the colder the secondary flow temp due to dilution from bypass from the secondary return.
The coil may be supplied from the primary (boiler) side?, you could check this by looking at where the coil flow and return are teed into the system.
Did you carry out the bath test yet? and how many rads in the system?

Yes, I had one this morning that I am not sure was correct in his diagnosis, so I'd hoped someone here may know.

I'm struggling to find anyone capable of diagnosing and fixing the issues.

What was his diagnosis and was he a commercial gas / plumber ?

Reply to Small volume of hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock