Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe done right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EdFromGreenwich

Hi All - many thanks for the help you could provide. I am a DIYer currently refurbishing the apartment's bathroom and I am moving the toilet from one corner of the room to another so want to make sure my design is right.

To make it very simple, the toilet was in a corner of the room, next to the inside stack (AAC inside apartment) that later leads to another stack outside.
Now I am moving the toilet to the opposite corner of the room, which means that before connecting to the inside stack, my soil pipe from the toilet runs 1.4m, bends in the corner and then straight for 5m to the stack connection. Along the way (on the 5m section) there will be waste connections for bath, sink and washing machine.

My questions are:

1) In general principal do you see any issue ?
2) Do I need an AAC where the toilet is ?
3) What slope gradient do you recommend for such a distance ?
4) Should I expect any issue with the corner ?

Many thanks all.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum.

Could you provide some pictures ?

You definitely need an AAV and the gradient should be at least 0.05m of 5m pipe length. You shouldn't give too much slope as the waste water will run faster than the main solid wastes which means they will get stranded in the middle of the pipe and it will start blocking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - many thanks for your quick reply. What AAV should I use, there are plenty available from ScrewF with different prices, any specific criteria I should be looking for ?

Fall wise for 110mm pipe should be around 40:1 on a horizontal run, or approx 25mm per meter. You could probably get away with a little less though in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe done right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock