Search the forum,

Discuss Soil stack vents!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ive got a big project on the go of a office conversion to flats and at the moment, due to the terrible lay out we have 11 soil stacks in the loft all over the place. The architect wants all the vents to exit in a nice line at the rear of the property which is going to mean massive runs of 110 through the loft which is going to be awkward and time consuming. Does anyone know of any flexible pipe that could be used to connect to link between where the come up from below and solid pipe exiting the roof. It will save me loads on labour if something is available.

Why not reduce the. Down to 2" ?

Ive got a big project on the go of a office conversion to flats and at the moment, due to the terrible lay out we have 11 soil stacks in the loft all over the place. The architect wants all the vents to exit in a nice line at the rear of the property which is going to mean massive runs of 110 through the loft which is going to be awkward and time consuming. Does anyone know of any flexible pipe that could be used to connect to link between where the come up from below and solid pipe exiting the roof. It will save me loads on labour if something is available.

They don't all need to be vented to outside do they?
If the sewer is adequately vented for that building could you not just use the few nearest to where he / she wants them to exit, blank some and put durgo's on the rest?

Obviously I have not seen this and what is in my mind may be a lot different to the set up you have!

We have about 5 already of AAV's. The loft isn't going to be accessible when finished so cant put anything that could fail up there. The lay out of the flats is a joke, hence a ridiculous amount of soil stacks!

I was thinking about combining a few to make it simpler, but not sure on the regs or exactly how many need to be vented. I have always been taught to try and vent everything where possible.

We have about 5 already of AAV's. The loft isn't going to be accessible when finished so cant put anything that could fail up there. The lay out of the flats is a joke, hence a ridiculous amount of soil stacks!

I was thinking about combining a few to make it simpler, but not sure on the regs or exactly how many need to be vented. I have always been taught to try and vent everything where possible.

You don't need to vent them all to outside unless they are all going into different sewers or septic tanks etc.
I am using my common sense here, not sure if the powers that be haven't altered the red tape and nonsense recently as regards this subject so don't quote me.
If I were you, I would ask the building inspector who is overseeing the job to see what S/He thinks.

Yeah, my neighbour had the BCO in a couple of years ago.

My neighbour was told he could use a Durgo as long as my house had an open SVP, which it does, but if not, he had to keep an open vent on his house. So, presumably, now my SVP has more foul smell coming up it than before :) ?

It's okay - I have a tiny turbine on it and I get paid for the electricity it generates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil stack vents!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock