Search the forum,

Discuss Solutions for water hammer/high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Tested pressure at 4.5 bar static. Taps, toilet, washing machine all vibrate/bang at times. So I thought fitting a PRV would be a good start?

Problem is the only way to get at the internal stopcock would be highly destructive to the bathroom (and not to mention a pain in the arse) as the crutch head is protuding from a tiled wall in a corner within a vanity unit surrounded by boxing and with toilet in the way. And so putting one straight after stopcock not exactly ideal.

I'm guessing shock arrestors are more for when one appliance alone is causing hammer?

So just wondering what other options there might be.

Thanks

Try putting a shock arrestor on either the taps or washing machine to see if that helps

But prv would be the best in combination with a shock arrestor after prv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solutions for water hammer/high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock