Search the forum,

Discuss Some radiators not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry presses send by accident

hi there,

Haven’t posted in a while but please looking for any advice/help.

Installed a new vertical column rad recently downstairs, drained system as usual, filled system back up and now about 3 rads aren’t getting hot downstairs (downstairs rads are on drops) I tried to balance the system thinking the rads couldn’t achieve the correct flow now I installed the vertical
Rad, but when I did this the cold rads got hot but others started getting cold, if that makes sense, am I balancing them wrong?

It’s a pressurised system, it does have a small single manifold that supply’s underfloor heating in a conservatory, but the heating all worked fine before. Could it be the pump that’s not strong enough with this new column rad?

I’ve now got a problem with the furthest 2 radiators away, they’re not hot but the flow pipe coming down the wall is hot, so could it be a blockage? Lockshields and trvs seem fine I’m sure.

Tbh I’m hoping it’s a blockage or air, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Many Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an air lock. Might have to chase it round by turning the rads that do come on off till you can push it out. With hot water off if heated by cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some radiators not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock