Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread: Johnson Magnetic Filters. Freebies available for honest reviewers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

Permit me to introduce you to the the Johnson Magnetic Filter.

Designed and built in the UK by registered gas engineer Neil Johnson, from Mansfield in Notts.

There are a lot of filters on the market, and this one is not the cheapest, so is there room for another product? Neil thinks so. He believes that his in-line design, manufactured to a high standard in the UK from copper and brass (no plastic in sight!) and backed by a seven year warranty, will make his filter the choice of professionals everywhere.

They come in two capacities - the [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipe-filter-120.html"]120mm inline version[/DLMURL] (total length 275mm) for smaller systems or systems with light corrosion:

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipe-filter-120.html"] HTJ120.jpg[/DLMURL]

or a [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipefilter-220.html"]220mm inline version[/DLMURL] (total length 375mm) for larger systems

HTJ220.jpg

You can see a video here, but please note that the horrible pump valves have been replaced now with high quality butterfly valves.

[video=youtube;CPpG4hxfZOE]

Now here's the freebie bit.

Paddy, our heating category manager, quite likes the concept, but has some reservations about whether Neil has a winning product, or just a good idea. The difference between the two is hard to determine until you actually get some product out into the field. So he asked me to put half a dozen out on the forum as a trial, and to get user reviews. His decision whether to stock the product will be strongly influenced by the feedback we get from the professional plumbers on this forum.

I understand that everyone likes a freebie. But Neil Johnson isn't an rich company with a huge marketing budget. Also, we have been bitten in the past by people who grab freebies and then either don't review them, or maybe don't have an appropriate job come up.

So this is a freebie with a difference. The difference is, it isn't free at this point. To qualify, you have to buy one (we have 2 x 120mm and 4 x 220mm). For the first 6 qualifying people to post a sensible and helpful review on this forum NO LATER than Sunday 19th July 2015, we will refund the cost of the unit, including VAT and any carriage charge*. But if you don't post a review by that date, we won't have wasted a freebie.

The review does not have to be positive, but it does need to be constructive, and reasonably detailed. If you don't like something about it, just tell us honestly. Equally, if its brilliant, feel free to say so, but your observations and reasons are as important as your judgement.

If you want to be involved, make your purchase at our online store here:
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipe-filter-120.html"]
120mm version[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipefilter-220.html"]220mm version[/DLMURL] ( ihave just noticed that we are using the same image for both - please note that the 220mm version is a little longer - see the pic higher up this thread.)

FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS REVIEW FREEBIE, YOU MUST PURCHASE IT FROM OUR WWW.TRADEONLYPLUMBING.CO.UK STORE, NOT FROM NEIL'S WEBSITE. YOU MUST ALSO HAVE A FORUM GAS-SAFE BADGE, OR A PUB MEMBER BADGE, OR HAVE MORE THAN 100 POSTS AT THE TIME OF THE REVIEW.

www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk is a trade only site and requires registration to see prices or make purchases. Using your gassafe number can speed up registration, and in many cases will allow instant access to the website.

*all freebies or refunds are at our absolute discretion and we reserve the right to change any of the terms and conditions of this promotion without notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sponsored thread: Johnson Magnetic Filters. Freebies available for honest reviewe

Inline filter is a great idea just wish they were shorter. When fitting most heat only boilers there's rarely enough room to get them fitted above the boiler. It looks neat enough tho.

Re: Sponsored thread: Johnson Magnetic Filters. Freebies available for honest reviewe

First time I'm first on a freebie and it's not a freebie.

I've currently got a magnaboost fitted at home and would have swapped ot out. I'll sit tight for the next one..

Pictures look good though

Have just watched the video, the first thing I see is that you have to dismantle the product with tools to clean, unlike others where it's isolate, remove cap, clean magnet, refit cap, turn on valves, it's also quite narrow, so I wouldn't like to use on an old dirty system.
On the plus side if fitted to a new system I think this would be ideal, low profile, not as unsightly as some of the larger items.
Time will tell.

Inline filter is a great idea just wish they were shorter. When fitting most heat only boilers there's rarely enough room to get them fitted above the boiler. It looks neat enough tho.

+1 the shortest is 10.5" long, but the dia is perfect now just need to get the length down

i like the look of these,product code is HTJPF220
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/johnson-magnetic-pipefilter-220.html"]Johnson Magnetic Pipe Filter 220 | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

will see if i can get bob to buy one in

Last edited by a moderator:

Dont have anything coming up that I could use it on at the moment. Looking forward to the reviews though.

looks good and quite competitively priced but not got anything coming up i could use one on

Good look .
Filter market very competitive .

looks to be to much hassle to clean in my simple mind, if pump connectors are anything to go buy, I would expect leaks in the medium term.

looks to be to much hassle to clean in my simple mind, if pump connectors are anything to go buy, I would expect leaks in the medium term.

they have been replace with 1/4 turn butterfly valves same as the tf1's

Looks a quality product. They are long to get plenty of contact with the magnets, which is good, but fit ting with pump nuts is not a good idea! They are a pain and not really made for regular removal.
Would have been better with a hand tight type joint and "o" ring.

Otherwise looks good.

No option to add inhibitor type chemicals which is a shame, plus cleaning looks messier than a mangaclean. Inline filter is sometimes hand tho!

Bump - still a couple of these left, free to the discerning reviewer. (see terms and conditions in the opening post of this thread)

I'll give it a bash :)

Any left? I'll whack it on my boiler that's had no inhibitor on it for 2 years and give you a review.

Just checking, wouldn't want to have to pay for it! :thinking:

You never know, I might add a few extras to the cart while I'm at it

Can I have the smaller one?

Do i get a refund on mine Ray?

Do i get a refund on mine Ray?

only when you post a review, i think is what you need to do, to get a refund

No bodyelse has posted pics on the other reviews so havent bothered on mine

No bodyelse has posted pics on the other reviews so havent bothered on mine

perfect review otherwise :)

I think the market has reached saturation with these magnets... The later models I'm seeing are looking very similar to others on the market, or look different but have no real benefit over the existing ones available...

Either way, I look forward to the reviews on this one...

But defs include pics on reviews... A pic can tell a thousand words!

But defs include pics on reviews... A pic can tell a thousand words!

+1 people like me dont take all things in at once and as above pics break things up

I wish someone would make one that just looks like a white box, at least then people won't moan when it's hanging above/below their boiler. I'm sure they make them as ugly as possible on purpose.

I wish someone would make one that just looks like a white box, at least then people won't moan when it's hanging above/below their boiler. I'm sure they make them as ugly as possible on purpose.

I guess a box shape would not work too well, there all domed or vortex shaped to circulate the water round... Magnaclean brought out a white one to match the boiler case awhile ago but not seen one for awhile, maybe they stopped or maybe merchants don't stock em!

haven't had a single person complain yet, most just ask what is it

Hi All

Paddy from the purchasing team at Williams here. Thanks for your points so far. I have 1x Johnson Pipefilter Pro-Series 220 white (the large one) left if anyone could be so kind? Free of charge to a helpful reviewer (as per terms in OP)

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread: Johnson Magnetic Filters. Freebies available for honest reviewers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock