Search the forum,

Discuss spray booth burner low burner pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leiadad

Gas Engineer
Hi, i have been called to an unusual job for our company and was looking for some guidance. The spray booth is being heated by a gas burner fed from L.P.G cylinders. The burner will come on at high heat for a few seconds and then drop to a low burner pressure. I have spoke to the customer who tells me this is not normal and should come on at high flame until temp is reached and then regulate down. I have tried linking out the stat to which the burner will then be a continuous full burner, because it done this I assumed that this temp stat was faulty and ordered a replacement. I have since been back and this replacement is doing the same thing as the original. Any help would be appreciated.

Commercial mate

You got yours ?

A bit

Normally have a stat inside the paint booth etc you tested that ?

Have you checked the internal stat ?

20180518_134725[1].jpg
20180518_134725[1].jpg 20180518_134725[1].jpg

I have checked the stat which is checking the internal temperature of the spray/bake booth. It is located within a ceiling type void.

Does it stay on high burn when you bypass the spray booth stat ?

Looks like it could do with a decent service

Couple of question:
Is it just a 2 setting flame or continously variable between high and low?
You say linking the stat keeps it on high flame, what type of stat is it ? - just contacts or electronic.
Trying to figure out whether you have a PID controller or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spray booth burner low burner pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock