Search the forum,

Discuss Static Caravan Safety Check - Re-issue of Certificate after Doing Work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My static caravan, running off bottled LPG, had its boiler service and gas safety check carried out (at, in my view, an exorbitant price of £170) in late February.
The gas engineer came back yesterday to remove the lounge gas fire and cap off its supply.
In order that I have a record of him carrying out the capping-off he intends to carry out another safety check and issue another certificate.
Can someone tell me, please, is this normal practice?
Thanks,
G

Wouldn't do a whole safety check as it's not needed just need to do a tightness test of the gas line and paperwork for that

My static caravan, running off bottled LPG, had its boiler service and gas safety check carried out (at, in my view, an exorbitant price of £170) in late February.
The gas engineer came back yesterday to remove the lounge gas fire and cap off its supply.
In order that I have a record of him carrying out the capping-off he intends to carry out another safety check and issue another certificate.
Can someone tell me, please, is this normal practice?
Thanks,
G
Does he intend to charge for the safety check? Do you rent out the caravan or is it for your family only?
Assuming there is no rental implications, there is no REQUIREMENT for a safety check at all (possibly unless specified by the site owners), so no need for another. All you need is a receipt for work done, detailing hos actions. ie disconnect fire

Thanks, firemant.
The site owner requires an annual gas safety check.
The gas engineer will bill the site owner, the site owner will bill me.
I omitted to mention that he did a gas tightness test before and after removing the fire.
G

Thanks, firemant.
The site owner requires an annual gas safety check.
The gas engineer will bill the site owner, the site owner will bill me.
I omitted to mention that he did a gas tightness test before and after removing the fire.
G
Frankly,I would not let him back in for another safety check. Especially as you probably have to pay him PLUS the site owners commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Static Caravan Safety Check - Re-issue of Certificate after Doing Work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock