Search the forum,

Discuss Steam generator connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I would be REALLY grateful if anyone can work this out for me. I am putting in a second hand bath/shower/ steam cabinet thing. I am fine with all of it except this.

steamer1.jpg

The steam generator has 3 connections. 1, water in. 2, steam out. 3, water drain.

I have atteched a photo. You will see the labelling seems to be all to ballcock! The previous owner had the water in at the bottom connection (flexi hose still attached). BUT, I think the water in should be in the middle and water drain would be at the bottom surely????? The steam out is correct.

Anyone got/had one of these that can confirm? I note that there is a mesh inside the middle connector and to my mind that would be to filter water in, not out. Also it seems only natural that a drain would be at the bottom, but I could well be wrong.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Last edited:
Difficult one mate. Where steam and heat are involved I'd definitely be looking for a brand name or similar to obtain manufacturers instructions. . There may be very specific hoses or connectors needed to make the appliance work correctly and more importantly safely

Thanks mate, but with respect other than the steam hose that is a special braided one to prevent burining, the other two are simply water in and drain out. About as dangerous as a kiddies paddling pool filled with custard.

The only real issue I have is that the label decals seem to have been put on weither by Stevie Wonder or by someone with a sense of humour. It just seems common sense to me that the drain would be at the bottom and IF they decals are anything to go by, it would suggest the water in is above the water out too.

I agree, a branded and new one would be better, but it is simply a kettle on demand effectively and the olny bit I do not KNOW is the the two connections left. Trial and error would soon solve it, but I'd rather just know if that makes sense.

I'd agree water in , in the middle.
The labels are too high over the middle and bottom connection

I'd agree water in , in the middle.
The labels are too high over the middle and bottom connection

I think so. I have looked at it for a few days whilst doing the rest of the bathroom. The fact that common sense suggest drain would be at the bottom, the middle connection has mesh inside and the fact that I am an all round lovely geeza makes me think that must be the case. When I say '' all round'' I basically mean I like pies!

Thanks for your input mate. Anyone else think the same or different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Steam generator connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock