Search the forum,

Discuss Stench Pipe on ground level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RebeccaB82

Hi looking for some advice please. My neighbours had a ground floor single extension built over the winter. we went outside last week for the first time since they had it built. we noticed they had blocked off the 8 inch gap down the side off our house which is our land and fitted a new drain and also a stench pipe as they decided to change their plans and have a downstairs saniflow toilet.

Obviously the fact they have used our land is a different matter but several people have told us the pipe should be at roof level? also the only the waste drains are at the front off the property so are they allowed to put toilet waste in the normal kitchen waste and rain water drain?

Any chance of a few pictures please ?

this is the only one i have at the minute. i will get more of the drain tonight although there is only one small drain at the rear of their property. The whole of that space between the two houses is ours so we are rather annoyed to say the least!
DSC_0041.jpg pipe.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg drain 1.jpg

this is the only one of the drain i have at the minute. you can see how they have pushed the gravel board over onto our garden and had a drain put in! does anyone know if i can make them remove it? im waiting to hear from the council. so annoyed we now have this stench pipe and drain on our land

Am I missing something In the first photo it looks like there's is a wall either side of the drain, where as the second picture you have a fence with just no soil pipe just a grille?

Welcome to the forum :)

If it is your land then to me it's a bit naughty. I would pursue the council about it rather than worrying if pipework is correct or not.

By now I would have already given them 7 days to remove before it gets removed.

they have put a drain on our side then fenced off access to the side off our extension. then behind the fence is where they have installed the stench pipe! So over the other side of that bit off fence which they have drilled into our extension is the stench pipe!
DSC_0031.jpg fence.jpg

Agree with the lads above that's not on or right to say the least, wounder what building control will say :)

Can anyone advise if the pipe is allowed to be there or should it be above roof height?

The stench pipe is O.K
It's got an auto air vent on it. it won't smell.
However it shouldn't be on your land.

Boundary disputes can get very expensive to resolve.

The Council won't be interested unless the extension is larger than the approved plans showed.

Before you go the legal route speak to your neighbour about it.

Speak you your solicitor before saying anything to your neighbour. Your household insurance may include an element of legal expenses cover for such matters.

Act quickly. The best time to resolve such disputes is when the planning application is put in and before the builder has started work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stench Pipe on ground level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock