Search the forum,

Discuss stopcock and pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm renovating a property and would like to move the stopcock to a more convenient location but need some advice on the fittings to use. The pipe coming into the house is steel and measures at around 28mm outside diameter (see picture). I'd like to know if 28mm steel pipe sounds correct (could it be an imperial size?), what type of thread will the pipe have? Any recommendations on moving the stopcock (which is leaking) approx 200mm to the left. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0544.JPG

3/4 steel pipe going off your sizes and easily can you turn the mains off using your external stop tap ?

Thank you, there's a mains stop out on the street but have not tried to isolate yet. Am I best cutting and re-threading the pipe or attempting to remove the valve?

Thank you, there's a mains stop out on the street but have not tried to isolate yet. Am I best cutting and re-threading the pipe or attempting to remove the valve?

I would try and remove it from the elbow at the bottom then you can set your own height

But first I would check the outside stop tap turns off and holds

As suggested, try and unscrew from elbow if successful use a couple of 3/4" BSP elbow, nipples & or long screw connectors. ( I a'int making these words up) These will save screwing the pipes.
Be careful as old pipe looks sound from outside but sometimes collapses in the jaws of stilsons when performing.

Try Ebay
Galvanised barrel nipple 3/4"
Galvanised long screw 3\4" connector

bes

brass nipple and long screw (very long nipple one end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stopcock and pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock