Search the forum,

Discuss stopcock not working, what is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just got the keys to my house and found the stopcock is not working, however directly below it there is a really old looking thing could this be another stopcock and if so how do I use it?

IMG_1510.JPG

That’s the remains of another stop tap, but it maybe slightly broken ....lol

Presuming the water is off at the moment I would look for the stopcock outside then with somebody`s help slowly open the outside one whilst looking for any leaks inside the house.

Looks like the bottom one has stopped turning off at some point so another one has been fitted above and the bottom one opened fully and the spindle sawn off

I have had a look outside but none of the houses are on meter and this is the only thing I can find. Unfortunately the t shape stopcock didn't stop the water so this is my only hope without needing to call a plumber

By clicking on the image to go full size that is well corroded, call a plumber bud.

Ah shame Thankyou very much everyone anyone here a plumber in coventry think they can price it up for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stopcock not working, what is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock