Search the forum,

Discuss stop water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

besty

hi there

im trying to cut off the water to the cold water supply in my bathroom, i can cut off the hot supply but i cant get the cold water to completely stop, iv turned off every valve i can find including the one's in the loft( also main stopcock} but there is still a slight flow of water through the pipe can anyone throw me bone

turn the tap on downstairs (kitchen) when the water is turned off this will stop any water getting to the bathroom , the stop tap can not be shutting off fully

Sounds like your main stopcock isn't shutting off fully -- a very common problem with rarely-used valves!

You can shut off the mains water using the outside water-board stopcock, and you should then have the inside stopcock replaced as soon as possible

I think its more likely that the cold to your bathroom is tank fed (from the loft) and one of your valves is letting by a little. If it is tank fed then tie the cold tank ballcock arm up with some string so that the tank cant fill and then drain the tank down by opening the bath and basin cold taps, (dont turn on the hot taps or you will waste a cylinder full of hot water.) Once the tank has drained you should be Ok. Might be worth replacing the dodgy valves while its all drained down.

If bathroom cold is tank fed you will need to drain this tank or bung the outlet at bottom of tank, i have used a carrot to do this before. Be careful not to let carrot break off into outlet or you are in deep s**t.

thanks alot all of you, i thought it might be that just needed a second oppinion. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stop water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock