Discuss stopcock found after 30 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

In my road all company stopcocks, unless metered, are in the front gardens and not easy to find.

One house badly flooded when owner away and keyholder had problems finding cock in house.

Perhaps a notice just inside front door as to where to find cock would be helpful.

^^Yes yes...there is an all female plumbing firm called "stopcocks" why not give them a call to see if they like handling a stuck cock.

http://stopcocks.uk/
I couldn’t care less and good luck to them but I can’t help feeling if a bloke set up a company called noflangeplumbers or something there’d be uproar

got the water board to fit a meter for free which comes with a shut off. No idea how they fitted it without getting soaked though..[/QUOTE said:
They didn't!
I had them out to change a broken stopcock and they dug the hole, cut the main live with a petrol saw and then fitted the new stopcock. And yes, the fella got soaked.
It was quite funny because we were working on a ground floor maisonette and shutting of the stopcock turned the upstairs off as well. We warned the (big and burly) bloke upstairs who was ok ish about it as long as we were quick because , and I quote, " I've got me bird coming round soon and I need a shower and a s**t before she gets here"
So when the stopcock wouldn't turn back on he wasn't very happy. I sent the lad up to tell him.
Water board were out in a couple of hours though.

Reply to stopcock found after 30 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back