Search the forum,

Discuss Strange stain on bedroom wall... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Was looking for a bit of advice on a dark stain that I noticed above my bedroom door.

It doesn't feel damp to the touch but there's an area of brownish staining in and around it. This staining doesn't feel damp either.

Here's a few pictures:

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

I live in a ground floor flat of a 3 storey building. To my knowledge there are no bathrooms or potential things that could leak in such a way directly above this point.

Is this definitely a leak? Or nothing to worry about?

That's definitely a water stain has it just come of has it been there ages ?

It's hard to say really. I've only noticed it this morning.

Is it a case of monitoring it and seeing if it gets any worse?

I would yes but it's defo water

Hi guys,

Was looking for a bit of advice on a dark stain that I noticed above my bedroom door.

It doesn't feel damp to the touch but there's an area of brownish staining in and around it. This staining doesn't feel damp either.

Here's a few pictures:

I live in a ground floor flat of a 3 storey building. To my knowledge there are no bathrooms or potential things that could leak in such a way directly above this point.

Is this definitely a leak? Or nothing to worry about?
Water does strange things mate. It could be from the opposite side of the flat above or even the one above that.

See if you can find a local plumber or heating engineer with a 'thermal imagining' camera to take a look for you. If it is currently wet, rather than staining from an old incident, it will be at a different termperature to the rest of the wall/ceiling and a FLIR camera should show it up nicely.

It definitely isn't damp to the touch, so it could well have been from an old leak?

If there was a bad leak I would assume it would be wet/sodden to the touch?

Possibly somebody has knocked over a bucket/bowl.
Just keep your eye on it

Is there an outside wall in the area? Rainwater ingress perhaps?

Is there an outside wall in the area? Rainwater ingress perhaps?
No. The wall in the photo is part of an inner support wall, not even near anything external.

The weather near me has been quite dry in recent days, so I will check again after it's rained, to see if it has gotten worse.

I have also checked the opposite site of the wall (my hallway near to the front door of the flat) and it is absolutely fine.

Just a quick update on my problem. Noticed a similar staining that this time was damp to the touch coming through the ensuite bathroom on the other side of the wall (to the right) of the pictures I posted earlier.

It appears to be a leak from the flat above's bathroom. Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange stain on bedroom wall... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all Totally new to this forum and hoping for some guidance. Two weeks ago we noticed a brown stain on our kitchen ceiling. Above it is the bathroom and airing cupboard where our hot water tank is. We have a closed system. The pressure had dropped on our boiler and so we topped it up (have...
Replies
Views
So, just curious. Whilst replacing some worrying pipes within the partition wall at the rear of the shower enclosure, I discovered the following...There is a cold water pipe feeding the next door shower.(The showers are back to back) Part of it is a copper pipe into a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
M
Hello! Overview: typical 3 bedroom 1930's semi-detached property. Had a single storey ground floor extension circa two years ago, during which time the boiler was replaced with an Ideal Independent and moved from back bedroom into the loft above. Problem: since the boiler was replaced and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock