Search the forum,

Discuss strong smell of fumes after my Worcester Danesmoor boiler goes off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen63

Hi, wonder if anyone can help.
I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 boiler new in 1994. It has never given any problems until now.
It has been serviced annually since the day it was installed. This year It was serviced by a new firm of engineers in February . They have since been back on numerous occassions to try and fix the problem of the oil / fumes smell.

Initally they thought it was a smelly oil line which they replaced. During the service they replaced the nozzle, filters and firevalve. There was a small oil leak under the new fire valve but I think that has been dealt with.
The main problem is a horrid smell of fumes in the small boiler room next to the kitchen, this is worst when the boiler has been running then goes off. Its making me feel sick.

Any ideas please.

Hello and welcome, you will need to register with us and repost your question in order to get answers This just insures that we are responding to the right person all the time

Hi, wonder if anyone can help please.
I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 boiler new in 1994. It has never given any problems until now. It has been serviced anually since the day it was installed. This year it was serviced by a new firm of engineers in February. They have since been back on numerous occassions to try and fix the problems of the oil/fumes smell. Initally they thought it was a smelly oil line which they replaced. During the service they replaced the nozzle, filters and firevalve. There was a small oil leak under the new fire valve but i think this has been dealt with. The main problem is a horrid smell of fumes in the small boiler room next to the kitchen, these are worse when the boiler goes off. It is making me feel sick. Any advice please.

Hi Helen, as per my last post, you need to register rather than just logging as a guest

Hi Helen I think what might have happened is that you registered but aren't actually logged in. If you look to the top of the screen there is a box for your username and one for your password if you fill those in and then tick the box to remain logged in you shouldn't have another problem with it

Needs the post purge installing or renewing. Motor runs on to clear combustion chamber of poc.

Needs a decent engineer to look at it cold. Depends on the smell.

oh, The engineers were OFTEC reg, but I have lost faith in them, they have been out quite a few times now. Could it be the flue ? I am going to ask a sweep to look at the flue, do these get blocked ?. The fumes are worse when the boiler has been running for a while then goes off.

My money is on either the fuel pump with a small leak when cold or the post purge. What sort of flue? Post up some pics of boiler and flue.

As gasman says if it smells like fumes, turn it off get it looked at quick and invest in a co alarm. Oil boilers can kill the same as gas ones.

Post here if you want someone to have a look at it for you.
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Hi and thanks for replies. Just had chimney swept, it was as clean as a whistle so obviously not that.

Hello again Helen as my colleagues have said to you really really need to get a proficient oftec engineer to take a look at this

I know, thanks, its knowing who to get. The engineers are Worcester rec /oftec reg and respected in the area but I have lost confidence as they have been 7 times....

Bit far for me I'd have to charge you ÂŁ600 before I start lol.

Speak to your neighbours, friends etc and get an engineer that has been recommended to you.

Worcesters are very common so most decent oilies with breakdown Experience should be able to help you.

7 times, I quit after 4 visits :) joking, I would hope to resolve issues first time round if not 2nd. the only one that took more was my own Aga!!!

yes I know, got one of those too.
thanks for taking the time to answer.

PS. Its 22 yrs old, do you think its past it ????? Never given a days trouble in its life....

It's not past it, oil boilers are very simple. Although getting s condensing boiler may save you some money on your oil bill.

Definitely not past it. Only a youngster. I would have an old oil boiler over a new one anyday. New ones full of plastic tat. Keep going with it till it bursts.

thanks for replies. I cant understand, the engineers are OFTEC Worcester/Grant accredited and have a good reputation.....It was working perfectly before they touched it ....There isnt much chose up here.

thanks for replies. I cant understand, the engineers are OFTEC Worcester/Grant accredited and have a good reputation.....It was working perfectly before they touched it ....There isnt much chose up here.

You need to log in to the forum each time. You could be anybody posting.
I wouldn't solely trust engineers that are registered with boiler manufacturers, - it means little.
Hope that boiler with fumes isn't still working after all this time?

This is a late reply but, if you haven't managed to get the problem sorted out, it's worth using the OFTEC find a technician search to locate other technicians in your area. Sounds like you need a second opinion.

Hope you get everything sorted out quickly.

Solinoid valve could have dirt in it, so when the boiler shuts down the valve is slow to close or does not close completely letting oil into the blast chamber. My need a new solinoid valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to strong smell of fumes after my Worcester Danesmoor boiler goes off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock