Search the forum,

Discuss Stuart Turner pump is slow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

recently changed the pump for my shower from a cheap and noisy 2 bar pump as the pressure it was suppling was rubbish.
We had recently changed the shower to a tower shower with body jets and stuff.
Heard that stuart turner was the mutts so got a 3 bar pump.

Changed the feed pipes to 22mm (from 15mm) by running a new 22mm pipe from the cold water storage tank in the loft, and re-running the pipe that comes out horizontally of the surrey flange in 22mm from the hot water cylinder in airing cupboard to the pump that sits beside the cylinder.

The outlet goes through about 2.5m of 15mm barrier pip to the shower and only has one elbow where it conntects to s shower plate adaptor thing.

Thing is it doesnt seem like a huge difference. Is there a better way to feed the shower so help it supply more water? is a small increase in pressure all to be expected. it has a total of 4 outlets but with only 2 on it is so weak.

pump is really quiet though thats good.

Could you test the flow straight out if the pump ?

And are any valves full bore ?

how could i test it directly?

I would need to add a small pipe or something to direct the water? would it fill up a bucket too fast and how would I turn it off?

there is a gate valve on both hot and cold feed pipes. the pump flexi hoses have isolating valves on them if that helps

Thanks

Into a bucket yes and short bit of pipe with a valve on the end

I would say your fine on your inlets think it's your pipework out that's the problem

I wasnt aware at the time and just changed like for like. so the 15mm pipework got refitted as 15mm from pump to shower.
It is only a short length, but can that be enough to restrict it that much?

So likely the only way to beef up the presure/flow rate is to widen the pipes to the shower. that sucks since the bathroom is finished and tiled!

Sorry to say yes especially if it's been done in plastic

Didn’t realise that being in plastic would make a big difference to copper, if any at all..?
May I ask why it isn’t as good as copper ?

Didn’t realise that being in plastic would make a big difference to copper, if any at all..?
May I ask why it isn’t as good as copper ?

By the time you talk of insets your internal bore is around 10mm

There was a kink in the flexi hose into the shower that was hidden, the connection was only finger tight for some reason. and both mesh/sieve filters of hot and cold inside this flexi hose between fixed pipe and shower outlets seemed to be gunged up with like plumbers mate or something gooey and sticky.... well suffice to say, removed those issues and all is good. I can almost feel my skin shredding from the pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuart Turner pump is slow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock